By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's Achilles heel?

Tagged games:

trixiemafia86 said:

Since the company is known to provide high quality games, why do fans dislike the idea of Nintendo creating a new IP with these qualities.

What gives you the idea that Nintendo fans aren't interested in them making a realistic IP? Nintendo fans usually just take issue with people who say that Nintendo needs to make such an IP, or that if they don't, they must only be interested in selling games to children.

One game I'm really hoping Nintendo makes is a new entry in the Murasame Castle IP, in the style of Red Steel (and perhaps even developed by the same studio) - fully realistic in graphical style. I'd also love to see them work with Treyarch to make a Nintendo-exclusive shooter - combine Treyarch's experience with FPS with Nintendo's flair for fun and have a story developed by the two together; I really think it could be a true blockbuster.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
trixiemafia86 said:

Since the company is known to provide high quality games, why do fans dislike the idea of Nintendo creating a new IP with these qualities.

What gives you the idea that Nintendo fans aren't interested in them making a realistic IP? Nintendo fans usually just take issue with people who say that Nintendo needs to make such an IP, or that if they don't, they must only be interested in selling games to children.

One game I'm really hoping Nintendo makes is a new entry in the Murasame Castle IP, in the style of Red Steel (and perhaps even developed by the same studio) - fully realistic in graphical style. I'd also love to see them work with Treyarch to make a Nintendo-exclusive shooter - combine Treyarch's experience with FPS with Nintendo's flair for fun and have a story developed by the two together; I really think it could be a true blockbuster.

I don't mean all fans but i see posts where fans complain about anything realistic because it wouldn't stand the test of time.

Don't act like you've not seen such posts in this forum.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

I think a Nintendo made" mature" or "hardcore" title would be a good thing. If Nintendo are concerned about their family friendly image the could develop it under a different name.

trixiemafia86 said:
Aielyn said:

I don't mean all fans but i see posts where fans complain about anything realistic because it wouldn't stand the test of time.

I assume you're talking about those talking about Zelda. And I agree that Zelda shouldn't be too realistic, as it will make it age more quickly.

But it's different if it's a new or long-disused IP designed with a realistic feel. Especially if they went for realistic but still added Nintendo's artistic flair to it, to keep it from becoming "brown and grey".

Aielyn said:
trixiemafia86 said:

I assume you're talking about those talking about Zelda. And I agree that Zelda shouldn't be too realistic, as it will make it age more quickly.

But it's different if it's a new or long-disused IP designed with a realistic feel. Especially if they went for realistic but still added Nintendo's artistic flair to it, to keep it from becoming "brown and grey".

what did u think about the Zelda U tech demo?

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Do they have the hardware for that? Cartooni art style is easier to do. On realism they would get hammerd hard in comparison the ps4 or x1 quality.

X looks as good as anything ive seen on PS4/Xbox one so far. If that game turns out to be the visual fest its looking to be, then there is no reason why more realistic looking games cant make their way to Wii U. (not that ive ever seen realistic monsters and robots )

Western based game development.. No matter how powerful they make their systems if they don't have western developed games then they may never recover the west.. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they really should think about acquiring ubisoft.  Losing Rare (whether by sale or staff leaving) really hurt Nintendo to where they can't even sell GameCube numbers

if Nintendo had a western counterpart to rival Japan's output than that would help with games drought and the perception of the company 

If Nintendo hired ex rare talent to help manage and start a company in the west to create new IP, then this may also help popularity and sales

zippy said:
BeElite said:
Do they have the hardware for that? Cartooni art style is easier to do. On realism they would get hammerd hard in comparison the ps4 or x1 quality.

X looks as good as anything ive seen on PS4/Xbox one so far. If that game turns out to be the visual fest its looking to be, then there is no reason why more realistic looking games cant make their way to Wii U. (not that ive ever seen realistic monsters and robots )

No it does not, play Killzone on a quality huge tv an youll see a good looking game.  And by the time X comes out ill be competing vs the likes of Uncharted so its uber fucked if compared visually.

Why doesn't Nintendo make a games for an older demographic like NCIS game, or detective game

they could also make games about history like wars or  medieval times.  I don't understand why their subject matter has to be dominantly about Kirby's, pocket monsters, baby mario, seed pikmin.  Why not knights of honor, soldiers of honor, or samurai of honor.  Why not?  I mean zelda is one of their most popular franchises for a reason.