By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any boxing fans here?

Which will win?

Mayweather 43 58.90%

Pacquiao 16 21.92%

LOL Bradley LOL 4 5.48%

Total:63
kidvizious said:

Tyson was an overrated bum. Perhaps the most overrated boxer of all time.

He fought a bunch of bums for the most part, it was fun watching him knock them out though. He had a good run , something 15 fights in one year. And knocked them all out. I don't think anyone else has ever done that.

He's still one of my favorite fighters, very entertaining to watch late 80's early 90's

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
supernihilist said:
cannonballZ said:
When I saw the Canelo vs Trout fight, which I totally thought Trout won, I knew Canelo would be mayweathers next challenger.

Why? Because Canelo put on a mediocre show, he was running most of the time. He might have knocked trout down, but I thought trout definitely won more rounds. Mayweather dominated him just like I predicted. Canelo swung and missed so many times he's now known as Canelo "air-bender" Alvarez. I can't believe anyone thought canelo ever had a chance against Mayweather.

Mayweather's promoters and Mayweather himself tend to cherry pick their fights. I think Mayweather has a lot of talent and absolutely deserves to be recognized as pound for pound champ, but he avoids fights. He's not the only one that does it, but he certainly talks a lot of smack for someone that won't take risky fights.

Honestly, I think he will beat Paquiao if they fight now. Pacquiao had a chance of definitely beating him years ago, but he doesn't seem like the same fighter anymore. Mayweather is still at the top of his game. He hasn't showed much of slowing down, he still has tremendous speed and agility. But he won't fight anyone that shows potential of winning.

Marquez vs Pacquiao, yea, that was a lucky shot. And at the same time I feel he is a remarkable counter puncher and definitely executed that counter perfectly. I don't think he expected that outcome though. Marquez knows that and doesn't want to fight him anymore. He was being dominated in that fight.

Bradley? Man, I stopped watching him years ago, boring fighter. I honestly thought that Pac won that fight too. And he will beat Bradley in their next match.

What do you think of the possible upcoming match between Mayweather and Khan?

Canelo performance was ridiculous. HE TRIED TO OUTBOX FLOYD?!?!?

Instead of putting pressure with a strong jab and push him to the ropes like Cotto did, he tried to outbox Floyd which in a million years could achieve. Hes just too slow for Money.

Mayweather vs Pac today is a easy victory for Money by unanious. May vs Pac in 2008 after the Pac vs Cotto slaughter...buffff. Pac was VERY strong then. I really dont see how Money could really stand all those accurate yet powerful and fast puches without going into a brawl. And Manny is brawler by nature, Money is not...

I give Pac the edge in 2008 honestly.

Bradley is a pussy period. Claiming that he won fair and square against Pac instead of being a man and honest and accept he lost and judges made a mistake. You know jedges are humans and are allowed to make mistakes too. He lost the respect i had for him, because he put up a decent fight against Pac.

I see May vs Khan a dodge, clinch, shlouder-roll, counter-fest as always. Khan is fast but i dont think he has the soul. plus hes not in his prime and Money know that.

What makes you think that Khan is not in his prime?

is he?

cannonballZ said:
kidvizious said:

He fought a bunch of bums for the most part, it was fun watching him knock them out though. He had a good run , something 15 fights in one year. And knocked them all out. I don't think anyone else has ever done that.

He's still one of my favorite fighters, very entertaining to watch late 80's early 90's

i agree with both of you

cannonballZ said:
kidvizious said:

Well about fighting 15 times a year I don't know anyone else but Edwin Valero did knockout every single opponent he ever face.

Yeah, Tyson, every time he stepped up to face the top dogs he got beat/knocked out. And what makes me laugh is people thinking Tyson would have demolished Ali. People get too caught up in KOs sometimes.

kidvizious said:

Well honestly, no one has a chance against Floyd unless they are 160 lbs+ which is ludicrous.

Edit: Canelo by decision. Maybe a KO but I doubt it.

I agree, Floyd is very talented. No one in his weight division can touch him really.

Canelo wins if he boxes Angulo. If he plans on trading punches he will get KO'd. 

But I think he'll take the smart route, box him and win be decision.

Around the Network

Let's discuss Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia since that seems to be the next big fight at the lower weight classes that CAN and WILL happen.

Who do you have and why?

kidvizious said:
Let's discuss Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia since that seems to be the next big fight at the lower weight classes that CAN and WILL happen.

Who do you have and why?

Mikey Garcia. I think Mikey is more talented, shows amazing skills for his age and can adapt well to his opponents. He can definitely out-box Gamboa, but Gamboa definitely has the edge when it comes to power and Mikey's chin is untested for the most part.

I still pick Garcia to win be decision.

Wow, I just noticed quite a few people think Pacquiao still has a chance vs Mayweather.

After seeing his last few fights I'm not so sure about that. Floyd hasn't slowed down, not even his jail stint had an effect on his performance. He's consistent and can adapt very well to his opponents. Pacquiao doesn't seem to have the heart for the sport like he once did, Mayweather is focused.

cannonballZ said:
kidvizious said:

Who do you have and why?

Mikey Garcia. I think Mikey is more talented, shows amazing skills for his age and can adapt well to his opponents. He can definitely out-box Gamboa, but Gamboa definitely has the edge when it comes to power and Mikey's chin is untested for the most part.

I still pick Garcia to win be decision.

Yeah, I pick Garcia. He is def more talented and has very solid power. He has very high ring IQ and can adapt as you said. However, I think the wild card in this fight is Gamboa's recklessness, speed, and agression. We haven't seen Garcia faced with that (mainly because he controls his opponents so well) but I think Gamboa just has a mean machine in his soul and he has no problem getting violent and dirty. It will be interesting to see how Garcia reacts.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/06/is-floyds-success-at-welterweight-due-to-his-cherrypicking/

Interesting article from a year and a half ago.