By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any boxing fans here?

Which will win?

Mayweather 43 58.90%

Pacquiao 16 21.92%

LOL Bradley LOL 4 5.48%

Total:63
oldschoolfool said:
supernihilist said:

Any boxing fans here in Vgchartz?

If so...how do you see Pacquiao vs Mayweather talk regaining strengh?

What about the lackluster performance of Canelo  vs Mayweather?

Was Marquez really lucky with Pacman in their last bout?

discuss boxing

people still care about boxing? lmao

Why wouldn't they?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
oldschoolfool said:
supernihilist said:

discuss boxing

Why wouldn't they?

because it's all about mma baby!!!!!!

supernihilist said:
cannonballZ said:
When I saw the Canelo vs Trout fight, which I totally thought Trout won, I knew Canelo would be mayweathers next challenger.

Why? Because Canelo put on a mediocre show, he was running most of the time. He might have knocked trout down, but I thought trout definitely won more rounds. Mayweather dominated him just like I predicted. Canelo swung and missed so many times he's now known as Canelo "air-bender" Alvarez. I can't believe anyone thought canelo ever had a chance against Mayweather.

Mayweather's promoters and Mayweather himself tend to cherry pick their fights. I think Mayweather has a lot of talent and absolutely deserves to be recognized as pound for pound champ, but he avoids fights. He's not the only one that does it, but he certainly talks a lot of smack for someone that won't take risky fights.

Honestly, I think he will beat Paquiao if they fight now. Pacquiao had a chance of definitely beating him years ago, but he doesn't seem like the same fighter anymore. Mayweather is still at the top of his game. He hasn't showed much of slowing down, he still has tremendous speed and agility. But he won't fight anyone that shows potential of winning.

Marquez vs Pacquiao, yea, that was a lucky shot. And at the same time I feel he is a remarkable counter puncher and definitely executed that counter perfectly. I don't think he expected that outcome though. Marquez knows that and doesn't want to fight him anymore. He was being dominated in that fight.

Bradley? Man, I stopped watching him years ago, boring fighter. I honestly thought that Pac won that fight too. And he will beat Bradley in their next match.

What do you think of the possible upcoming match between Mayweather and Khan?

Canelo performance was ridiculous. HE TRIED TO OUTBOX FLOYD?!?!?

Instead of putting pressure with a strong jab and push him to the ropes like Cotto did, he tried to outbox Floyd which in a million years could achieve. Hes just too slow for Money.

Mayweather vs Pac today is a easy victory for Money by unanious. May vs Pac in 2008 after the Pac vs Cotto slaughter...buffff. Pac was VERY strong then. I really dont see how Money could really stand all those accurate yet powerful and fast puches without going into a brawl. And Manny is brawler by nature, Money is not...

I give Pac the edge in 2008 honestly.

Bradley is a pussy period. Claiming that he won fair and square against Pac instead of being a man and honest and accept he lost and judges made a mistake. You know jedges are humans and are allowed to make mistakes too. He lost the respect i had for him, because he put up a decent fight against Pac.

I see May vs Khan a dodge, clinch, shlouder-roll, counter-fest as always. Khan is fast but i dont think he has the soul. plus hes not in his prime and Money know that.

What makes you think that Khan is not in his prime?

enditall727 said:
cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:

I dont think Pac would've beat him. Pac cherry picked his fights just as much as people claim Floyd cherry picks his.

He cherry picked , yes. Not as much as Floyd. 

In 08, he had a very good chance of beating him. Though I'll admit he had a very good chance of losing too.

Who has Floyd cherry picked though? Give me some examples

Canelo was cherry picked, Guerrero, Ortiz, Balsimir to name a few. It's known he doesn't fight anyone in their prime or take risks with picking opponents. 

cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:
cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:

I dont think Pac would've beat him. Pac cherry picked his fights just as much as people claim Floyd cherry picks his.

In 08, he had a very good chance of beating him. Though I'll admit he had a very good chance of losing too.

Canelo was cherry picked, Guerrero, Ortiz, Balsimir to name a few. It's known he doesn't fight anyone in their prime or take risks with picking opponents. 

You can't be serious..

Andre Berto was undefeated and was looked at as being the next big thing in boxing and Floyd was going to fight him buy HE LOST to Ortiz in a crazy ass fight. Berto was #3 P4P in the welterweight division behind Pacquaio and Mayweather at the time before he got beat by Ortiz.

Robert Guerrero hadn't lost a fight in the last 7 years before he fought Mayweather. Who else was May supposed to fight at the time?

Mayweather was in line to face Zab Judah because he was one of the top guys at the time and they had already planned to fight before Zab fought Baldomir. Baldomir beat Judah in a shocking upset and Floyd decided to carry on with fighting Judah(he would never do this again) and then people were starting to think that Floyd was scared and trying to duck Baldomir. So he fought Baldomir right after the Judah fight. 

If anything, that was like the only time where you can say Floyd cherry picked but you could understand when you know the business part of boxing

And who was a better fight for Floyd at the time he fought Canelo? People were trying to say that Floyd was scared to fight Canelo! Canelo was hungry, young, strong, and undefeated when he fought Floyd

I can't believe you just tried to say that Floyd cherry picked them. 

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

You can't be serious..

Andre Berto was undefeated and was looked at as being the next big thing in boxing and Floyd was going to fight him buy HE LOST to Ortiz in a crazy ass fight. Berto was #3 P4P in the welterweight division behind Pacquaio and Mayweather at the time before he got beat by Ortiz.

Robert Guerrero hadn't lost a fight in the last 7 years before he fought Mayweather. Who else was May supposed to fight at the time?

Mayweather was in line to face Zab Judah because he was one of the top guys at the time and they had already planned to fight before Zab fought Baldomir. Baldomir beat Judah in a shocking upset and Floyd decided to carry on with fighting Judah(he would never do this again) and then people were starting to think that Floyd was scared and trying to duck Baldomir. So he fought Baldomir right after the Judah fight. 

If anything, that was like the only time where you can say Floyd cherry picked but you could understand when you know the business part of boxing

And who was a better fight for Floyd at the time he fought Canelo? People were trying to say that Floyd was scared to fight Canelo! Canelo was hungry, young, strong, and undefeated when he fought Floyd

If you've seen any Canelo fights, and especially the one with Trout, then you'd know he had no chance.

Guerrero? Please... No chance

Ortiz? Fought against Berto and did not dominate. He showed he had a great chin and lots of power. That fight was great, but didn't show he was anywhere near the level of mayweather.

Ortiz had no chance and Mayweather new it. It's the only reason he fought him. Or did you really think Ortiz had a chance? With his track record and skill level that he has shown throughout his fights before mayweather, do you think he had a chance?

Edit: Canelo vs Angulo... who's your pick? 

Tyson was an overrated bum. Perhaps the most overrated boxer of all time.

oldschoolfool said:
enditall727 said:
oldschoolfool said:
supernihilist said:

discuss boxing

Why wouldn't they?

because it's all about mma baby!!!!!!

Yet boxing is second only to Futbol as the most popular sport in the world... Right.

enditall727 said:
cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:
cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:

You can't be serious..

Exactly. These guys don't know what they are talking about. I bet they watch Manny and Floyd only and that's it. There is no way Floyd "cherry picked" Those guys.

cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:

You can't be serious..

If you've seen any Canelo fights, and especially the one with Trout, then you'd know he had no chance.

Guerrero? Please... No chance

Ortiz? Fought against Berto and did not dominate. He showed he had a great chin and lots of power. That fight was great, but didn't show he was anywhere near the level of mayweather.

Ortiz had no chance and Mayweather new it. It's the only reason he fought him. Or did you really think Ortiz had a chance? With his track record and skill level that he has shown throughout his fights before mayweather, do you think he had a chance?

Edit: Canelo vs Angulo... who's your pick? 

Well honestly, no one has a chance against Floyd unless they are 160 lbs+ which is ludicrous.

Edit: Canelo by decision. Maybe a KO but I doubt it.