By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any boxing fans here?

Which will win?

Mayweather 43 58.90%

Pacquiao 16 21.92%

LOL Bradley LOL 4 5.48%

Total:63

Boxing fan here, been watching since the 80's. Coming up watching Sugar Ray, Hitman, Marvelous Marvin and Duran getting busy, it's hard for me to stomach all of the bullshit with Mayweather and PacMan. I will say that I think in their prime, Pacquiao would have lit up Floyd. I'll move on to what's going on currently besides that shit show.

Garcia looks too freaking good ATM and I like watching him fight. Triple G is monster and I LOVE watching that dude destroying people with body shots...it's beautiful, I think he's got the division on lock. I don't think Stevenson wants any of Kovalev as that dude is another straight beast, I wouldn't mind him and Ward down the road though. Chavez Jr. is a bullshitter and I hope Vera beats him...again. I like Sergio but I think he's falling off. In the 147 & 154 we got Cotto, Kirkland, Canelo, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bradley, Maidana, Broner and on and on. All of these guys should be fighting each other all of the time.

North of 175 is pretty meh to me and I don't pay as much attention to the lighter weight classes. It would be nice to see Donaire get his shit back on point for a rematch with Rigondeaux because he got handled the first time. I do like Rigondeaux too though.

Back in the day, the baddest motherfuckers wanted to prove that shit, straight up. I wish it was like that now but I'm still a fan of the sweet science and I enjoy watching.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
kidvizious said:
enditall727 said:
kidvizious said:
enditall727 said:
kidvizious said:

Yes, Donaire, Marquez, Pac, and Floyd have KO'd bums in the beginning of their careers but they stepped up in class and beat, KOd hall of famers/extremely high level competition. Any knowledgable boxing fan that watches ALL boxing will tell you Tyson was highly overrated and not great nor anywhere near great.

Yes, Tyson had power against Low Tier opposition. Quit acting like the guys he beat were P4P fighters cause they weren't. They were shit.

No. If Tyson had beat Lewis and Holyfield, he'd deserve to be pretty high up on the list in terms of ranking as a heavyweight but he didn't. Any knowledgable boxing fan doesn't consider Lewis nor Holyfield bums. Not trying to get at anything other than the fact that everytime Tyson stepped up to fight the best, he got KOd everytime. Hell, he got KOd by a fellow bum.

You sound like this guy I know. Only knows Tyson and considerst Tyson the greatest. Let go of the nostalgia and look at the accomplishments. Pretty crappy.

Jones was good. He beat good opponents such as Hopkins, Toney, Ruiz. But once he got caught, it was over. He didn't live up to the P4P legendary status.

Tyson has also ranted/discussed his desire to kill, his dissapointment at not killing a fellow boxer, and how certain things keep him from killing someone. Pretty freaking psycho.

Besides, stop talking about their personal lives. We are talking about boxing in the ring, Not outside.

Give me some examples of people who claim Tyson is "highly overrated"? Are you talking about random fans specifically?

Tyson still didn't kill anyone though. Valero had to kill his self for what he did.

You're trying to say that Tyson is a bum.... that's all that needs to be known you want to find out if somebody actually knows their shit about boxing.

Tyson a bum? LMAO XD!

What a great laugh. Thanks

Yes, Tyson was a bum. His accomplishments are pretty poor. His record is shit and his resume is pretty shit. If you can't see that I don't know how else I can convince you except pull out his actual resume and highlight how poor and ill equipped his opponents were along with all the KOs he has against him.

Lewis lost to a bum aswell. Nobody is perfect. Anything can happen in that ring

Lewis needed to fight Tyson to solidify his legacy. Now why would he have to fight a "bum" to do that?

When you look at Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, who is one of the 1st people you name that they beat to prove how great  they were? That's right, you said it  MOTHERFUCKING MIKE TYSON!

Mike Tyson was miles away from being a bum. Those Heavyweights weren't stepping in the ring with a "bum".

Name Evander Holyfields accomplishments for me really quick then. I bet my life that Mike Tysons name will be 1 of the 1st names mentioned in that list.

But whatever though..

It's interesting to that somebody actually believes that Tyson was a bum. Now i can say that i've heard it all.

Lewis didn't NEED the Tyson fight to solidify his legacy. Are you serious? He beat Morrison, Mercer, Golotta, Holyfield, Tua, Tyson, and Klitschko. Remove the Tyson win and you still have a hell of a resume.

When I look at/think of Lewis's fight that truly showed how great he was, it was his fights with Holyfield and his stoppage of Kiltchko even though he was at the end of his career and Kilthcko was in his prime. Not "MIKE MOTHERFUCKING GET KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT 5 TIMES TYSON".

With Holyfield it was, Douglas, Holmes, Foreman, Moorer, Mercer, Tyson, Ruiz, etc. Without the Tyson fights he still has a great legacy unlike "MIKE MOTHERFUCKING GET KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT 5 TIMES TYSON".

And overrated he was. That is what his accomplishments and legacy have left him. The most overrated boxer of all time.

I always thought Rocky Marciano was overrated and Joe Calzaghe.. Well their records

Lets all forget that Holyfield lost 10 fights. And lets also act as if being KO'd is the end of the world.

I bet if you ask random people who Holyfield and Lewis beat, i bet the very 1st and most notable name that pops up will be Tyson the majority of the time.

What exactly is Tyson overrated for though? Tyson is mainly known for his tremendous power, ferociouness and the fashion in which he knocked bitches out lol

Why would he be overrated? explain..

And Tyson beat some old fighters with names aswell

JazzB1987 said:
I am an unboxing fan does that count?

lol that was funny!

toadslayer72 said:
Boxing fan here, been watching since the 80's. Coming up watching Sugar Ray, Hitman, Marvelous Marvin and Duran getting busy, it's hard for me to stomach all of the bullshit with Mayweather and PacMan. I will say that I think in their prime, Pacquiao would have lit up Floyd. I'll move on to what's going on currently besides that shit show.

Garcia looks too freaking good ATM and I like watching him fight. Triple G is monster and I LOVE watching that dude destroying people with body shots...it's beautiful, I think he's got the division on lock. I don't think Stevenson wants any of Kovalev as that dude is another straight beast, I wouldn't mind him and Ward down the road though. Chavez Jr. is a bullshitter and I hope Vera beats him...again. I like Sergio but I think he's falling off. In the 147 & 154 we got Cotto, Kirkland, Canelo, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Bradley, Maidana, Broner and on and on. All of these guys should be fighting each other all of the time.

North of 175 is pretty meh to me and I don't pay as much attention to the lighter weight classes. It would be nice to see Donaire get his shit back on point for a rematch with Rigondeaux because he got handled the first time. I do like Rigondeaux too though.

Back in the day, the baddest motherfuckers wanted to prove that shit, straight up. I wish it was like that now but I'm still a fan of the sweet science and I enjoy watching.

agree @ bolded

zorg1000 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158240&page=0#

Here they are

That thread must have disappeared in an instant.  I'm here all of the time and somehow I missed it.  I'll check 'em out.  Watched the first and enjoyed it.  I'm gonna watch em all!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
zorg1000 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158240&page=0#

Here they are

That thread must have disappeared in an instant.  I'm here all of the time and somehow I missed it.  I'll check 'em out.  Watched the first and enjoyed it.  I'm gonna watch em all!

Ya it did, I was bummed that not many people commented on them

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Anyone watch the Ortiz vs Collazo fight last night?

Victor Ortiz needs to just retire. He had a lot of nerve saying Maidana was going to be easy for Broner, and now he get's KO'd in two rounds.

The smack he talked before the Mayweather fight was priceless! He said something on the lines of he was dreaming of being the first to defeat him since he was a child.

I don't think he'll ever make a good comeback, this is his third loss in a row too.

cannonballZ said:
Anyone watch the Ortiz vs Collazo fight last night?

Victor Ortiz needs to just retire. He had a lot of nerve saying Maidana was going to be easy for Broner, and now he get's KO'd in two rounds.

The smack he talked before the Mayweather fight was priceless! He said something on the lines of he was dreaming of being the first to defeat him since he was a child.

I don't think he'll ever make a good comeback, this is his third loss in a row too.

Make that the third loss in a row by stoppage. This is really sad. Poor kid was being groomed to be the next Mexican American Golden Boy and he failed miserably. Last night, he quit. He was completely aware of everything and he easily could have stood up but he simply decided he didn't want to be there/fight anymore. He needs to exit the sport. I don't know what else he can possibly do other than become a stepping stone for Garcia/Matthysse for 147.