By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any boxing fans here?

Which will win?

Mayweather 43 58.90%

Pacquiao 16 21.92%

LOL Bradley LOL 4 5.48%

Total:63

Yeah, I see Maidana winning again with a grueling match for both. Maidana will score a knockdown or two and Broner will just be a good, not great, fighter.

Around the Network
kidvizious said:

Pac in 2008 is a boxer-puncher. Not a pure boxer. Actually, Pac as a boxer was behind Floyd and Marquez. Yes, his performances against weight drained fighters were astrounding. I doubt Floyd would have been hurt. To actually hurt Floyd, you need huge power in the 1st or 2nd round. After that, you can say bye bye to hurting Floyd. The only time Floyd has been hurt is in his fight against Mosley in round 2.

His style would be perfect for Floyd. As soon as he'd come in he would get a nice right hand counter to the face. Especially with Floyd's reach advantage and you have a white wash waiting to happen. Pac is too small in every sense of the word. And this may be hard to believe but Pac doesn't have 1 punch knock out power. He has acummalitive power which breaks down his opponents with a a barrage of punches. Floyd would have won 8 rounds to 4 with no knockdowns.

Marquez wasn't "lucky". Luck doesn't play a role at the upper echelons of the sport. Marquez didn't throw a "lucky" punch. He threw a well timed, carefully calculated counter punch which he had been working on over and over and actually landed plenty of times in previous fights. This time he landed it perfectly at the right time and right spot. I guess Pac was lucky to have KO'd Hatton as was Floyd. Please. Just stop with this "luck" nonsense. Marquez was hurt in round 5. Not destroyed, but hurt.

If, but, could've, shoud've. Just stop with the excuses. Marquez put him to sleep and had previously rocked him in round 3, and landed a monstrous right counter punch in round 5. Then he sealed the deal with the punch and knockout of the century.

Not making excuses for anybody. Marquez doesn't have the kind of knock out power you say manny doesn't posses either. 

I'm just calling it like I saw it. He was getting dominated and scored a tremendous brilliantly executed counter and yes I agree with ko of the century. 

I'm a huge Marquez fan, actually rooted for him in all his fights vs Pacquiao including the one we speak of. Paquiao vs Marquez battle has provided some of the best fights I have ever seen.

That's just my opinion 

enditall727 said:
zorg1000 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158240&page=0#

Here they are

Did you stop fighting or are you still going?

I havent fought in about a year. I moved across the country for a job opportunity, got married and had a kid so it was a busy 2013. I dont know if ill start fighting again but im gonna keep on training.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

supernihilist said:

Any boxing fans here in Vgchartz?

If so...how do you see Pacquiao vs Mayweather talk regaining strengh?

What about the lackluster performance of Canelo  vs Mayweather?

Was Marquez really lucky with Pacman in their last bout?

discuss boxing

people still care about boxing? lmao

cannonballZ said:
When I saw the Canelo vs Trout fight, which I totally thought Trout won, I knew Canelo would be mayweathers next challenger.

Why? Because Canelo put on a mediocre show, he was running most of the time. He might have knocked trout down, but I thought trout definitely won more rounds. Mayweather dominated him just like I predicted. Canelo swung and missed so many times he's now known as Canelo "air-bender" Alvarez. I can't believe anyone thought canelo ever had a chance against Mayweather.

Mayweather's promoters and Mayweather himself tend to cherry pick their fights. I think Mayweather has a lot of talent and absolutely deserves to be recognized as pound for pound champ, but he avoids fights. He's not the only one that does it, but he certainly talks a lot of smack for someone that won't take risky fights.

Honestly, I think he will beat Paquiao if they fight now. Pacquiao had a chance of definitely beating him years ago, but he doesn't seem like the same fighter anymore. Mayweather is still at the top of his game. He hasn't showed much of slowing down, he still has tremendous speed and agility. But he won't fight anyone that shows potential of winning.

Marquez vs Pacquiao, yea, that was a lucky shot. And at the same time I feel he is a remarkable counter puncher and definitely executed that counter perfectly. I don't think he expected that outcome though. Marquez knows that and doesn't want to fight him anymore. He was being dominated in that fight.

Bradley? Man, I stopped watching him years ago, boring fighter. I honestly thought that Pac won that fight too. And he will beat Bradley in their next match.

What do you think of the possible upcoming match between Mayweather and Khan?

I dont think Pac would've beat him. Pac cherry picked his fights just as much as people claim Floyd cherry picks his.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

I dont think Pac would've beat him. Pac cherry picked his fights just as much as people claim Floyd cherry picks his.

He cherry picked , yes. Not as much as Floyd. 

In 08, he had a very good chance of beating him. Though I'll admit he had a very good chance of losing too.

Use to be a big boxing fan when Tyson was young, hungry and scaring everyone, and roberto duran and sugar ray were on the go .Great sport just mis-managed by governing bodies.

kidvizious said:

Jeez. I can tell people are new to boxing.

1. Of course Sergio is going to say he'll come down to 154. But the fact remains that he's a middleweight. Why doesn't Sergio go up to fight Ward or even Golovkin for that matter? He's calling out much smaller fighters. Is Martinez a coward? Hell, Hopkins was saying he'll come down to 160 to fight Floyd. Like wut?

2. You are implying that a man that gets paid millions to hit other people is scared of Manny Pacquiao? The guy that got knocked out by JMM, who is my favorite fighter and a legend but got toyed with by Floyd, is going to beat Floyd? Really?

3. Do you remember the fabulous 4? Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, and Thomas Hearns? They were the best in their time and guess what? They ALL FOUGHT EACH OTHER!!

Things are different now. We have 2 major promotional companies that are in a cold war with each other. It's not about Floyd being scared of Manny or vice versa. None of these guys are scared. They are in a controlled fight that will be stopped when necessary by the ref. There isn't anything to be scared of. 

Just stop with the "scared" talk.

4. The fight will only happen if and when Manny leaves Top Rank. (Which he won't cause he's Bob Arum's bitch that can't stand up for himself). Oscar left, Floyd left, Cotto left, all PPV stars and the only PPV star that is still on a leash with Top Rank is Manny. People wanted Floyd vs. Oscar and Bob wouldn't let it him. Floyd left, the fight happened. People wanted Cotto vs. Floyd for the longest time. Bob didn't let it happen. As soon as Cotto left the fight was made instantly.

5. Pac needs to accept 30 million at this point, leave Arum, take the lopsided loss, and retire. That's it.

6. Nihilist, "DESTROYING" doesn't make you P4P number 1. Winning every single time convinvingly does which Pac has failed to do.

I believe he wont go up BECAUSE HE WANTS THE MAYWEATHER FIGHT! Call him a coward all you want. He is still a good name to fight. He is the best name at 160 right now.

And are you trying to say that Hopkins was lying about coming down to 160? He probably would for all we know so you trying to bring that up is irrelevant.

I didn' imply that Floyd was scared. I was trying to inform you on how the MAJORITY of people thought that Floyd was scared. Anybody who is unawear that people thought he was.scared is new to boxing. And styles make fights, just in case you didn't know.

I think Floyd would've beat Pacquaio at ANY TIME in his career.

Again, im not saying he is scared . Im saying that he needa to fight Pacquaio! And people think that Floyd is scared and tbat this os the reason they ha ent fought yet. I just said the Pac needs to leave Top Ranl to make the fight happen earlier.

Edit: i hate when my phone destroys my grammar and spelling smh

oldschoolfool said:
supernihilist said:

Any boxing fans here in Vgchartz?

If so...how do you see Pacquiao vs Mayweather talk regaining strengh?

What about the lackluster performance of Canelo  vs Mayweather?

Was Marquez really lucky with Pacman in their last bout?

discuss boxing

people still care about boxing? lmao

Umm yes they do...................

cannonballZ said:
enditall727 said:

He cherry picked , yes. Not as much as Floyd. 

In 08, he had a very good chance of beating him. Though I'll admit he had a very good chance of losing too.

Who has Floyd cherry picked though? Give me some examples