By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Any boxing fans here?

Which will win?

Mayweather 43 58.90%

Pacquiao 16 21.92%

LOL Bradley LOL 4 5.48%

Total:63

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158240&page=0#

Here they are

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

At this point you can't pay Floyd to fight PAC because Floyd want no part of Top Rank.
Canelo got dismantled by Floyd, he was also exposed by Floyd.

Going forward Canelo needs to be carful, his last fight was pretty much a blueprint on how to beat him.

For me Floyd have nothing more to prove, he is the best and there is no denying it at this point. He can do whatever he want to do, fight cab drivers until he retire for all I care.

Bradley wins the PAC rematch, afterwords PAC retires.

loy310 said:
At this point you can't pay Floyd to fight PAC because Floyd want no part of Top Rank.

Going forward Canelo needs to be carful, his last fight was pretty much a blueprint on how to beat him.

For me Floyd have nothing more to prove, he is the best and there is no denying it at this point. He can do whatever he want to do, fight cab drivers until he retire for all I care.

Floyd never faced Pac which is the undisputable number 2 boxer. It has yet to prove he can beat the number 2.

Bradley wins via split decision LOL...zero chances for Bradley in the rematch, sorry. So it will be Pac 2- Bradley 0

xD

zorg1000 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158240&page=0#

Here they are

Did you stop fighting or are you still going?

loy310 said:

I personally think Mayweather should fight Martinez and Pacquaio before he retires. if he retired today, there would be a little question mark beside his name when being mentioned among the greatest of all time. Mayweather will need to atleast fight Pacquaio to solidify the fact that he has fought the best of his era.

If Mayweather gets Martinez and Pacquaio on his resume without losing then his undefeated record wi be almost impossible to beat.

Around the Network

Mayweather wins the fight vs Pac. Pac needs to accept 30 mil at this point. His last fight bombed. He has no leverage in demanding anything against Floyd at this point.

Bradley vs Pac 2 is difficult to call..... It's 50/50 for me right now.

Canelo got dismantled and shown what true boxing ability does.
Expecting Floyd to fight Sergio Martinez, a middleweight, is ridiculous.
If Mayweather is going to have a "?" by his legacy, then so will Pac. Simple as that.
Why aren't people demanding Sergio fight Ward to solidify his legacy or Pac fight Gennady Golovkin or Marquez fight JCC Jr? Because it's honestly ludicrous.

kidvizious said:
Mayweather wins the fight vs Pac. Pac needs to accept 30 mil at this point. His last fight bombed. He has no leverage in demanding anything against Floyd at this point.

If Mayweather is going to have a "?" by his legacy, then so will Pac. Simple as that.
Why aren't people demanding Sergio fight Ward to solidify his legacy or Pac fight Gennady Golovkin or Marquez fight JCC Jr? Because it's honestly ludicrous.

Martinez said he would come down to 154 to fight Mayweather a while back and he claimed that he wanted 20% of the PPV(Which is not going to happen). Martinez would have to come down on his own before hand because it would look bad on Floyd.

And dont try to act brand new. THIS IS ABOUT FLOYD! People jumped on the Pac bandwagon because they wanted to see Floyd lose! You know what always fueled the hype behind that fight? It was the fact that people thought Floyd was scared of Pacquaio.

They have always accused Floyd of being scared of somebody. I remember when people thought he was scared of Hatton, Margarito, Mosley etc.

Floyd is the 1 that has something to lose. Floyd is the one being mentioned among Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Robinsons.

Do you remember the fabulous 4? Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, and Thomas Hearns? They were the best in their time and guess what? They ALL FOUGHT EACH OTHER!!

Floyd Doesn't need to fight Martinez but it will make his resume that much better when he retires. He does need to fight Pacquaio though.

Remember these times when Mayweather was accused of being scared of everybody?

enditall727 said:
kidvizious said:

Martinez said he would come down to 154 to fight Mayweather a while back and he claimed that he wanted 20% of the PPV(Which is not going to happen). Martinez would have to come down on his own before hand because it would look bad on Floyd.

And dont try to act brand new. THIS IS ABOUT FLOYD! People jumped on the Pac bandwagon because they wanted to see Floyd lose! You know what always fueled the hype behind that fight? It was the fact that people thought Floyd was scared of Pacquaio.

They have always accused Floyd of being scared of somebody. I remember when people thought he was scared of Hatton, Margarito, Mosley etc.

Floyd is the 1 that has something to lose. Floyd is the one being mentioned among Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Robinsons.

Do you remember the fabulous 4? Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, and Thomas Hearns? They were the best in their time and guess what? They ALL FOUGHT EACH OTHER!!

Floyd Doesn't need to fight Martinez but it will make his resume that much better when he retires. He does need to fight Pacquaio though.

Remember these times when Mayweather was accused of being scared of everybody?

Now i easy to say "oh Pac has lost it, he was sent to sleep, he lost to Bradley..bla,bla""how in the hell is Floyd going to be afraid of this congressman"

When Pac was DESTROYING Margarito, De la Hoya, Cotto, Hatton...etc. he was DESTROYING them, hurting them bad. Floyd just beat them by points with no major damage done to any of them.

Floyd was scared when Manny was the top fighter P4P. Fact. He thought although he could win it was gonna be a hell of a fight and he couldve been hurt bad too.

Floyd ducked Pac, not cause he was afraid of losing, but afaraid of being hurt bad.

When I saw the Canelo vs Trout fight, which I totally thought Trout won, I knew Canelo would be mayweathers next challenger.

Why? Because Canelo put on a mediocre show, he was running most of the time. He might have knocked trout down, but I thought trout definitely won more rounds. Mayweather dominated him just like I predicted. Canelo swung and missed so many times he's now known as Canelo "air-bender" Alvarez. I can't believe anyone thought canelo ever had a chance against Mayweather.

Mayweather's promoters and Mayweather himself tend to cherry pick their fights. I think Mayweather has a lot of talent and absolutely deserves to be recognized as pound for pound champ, but he avoids fights. He's not the only one that does it, but he certainly talks a lot of smack for someone that won't take risky fights.

Honestly, I think he will beat Paquiao if they fight now. Pacquiao had a chance of definitely beating him years ago, but he doesn't seem like the same fighter anymore. Mayweather is still at the top of his game. He hasn't showed much of slowing down, he still has tremendous speed and agility. But he won't fight anyone that shows potential of winning.

Marquez vs Pacquiao, yea, that was a lucky shot. And at the same time I feel he is a remarkable counter puncher and definitely executed that counter perfectly. I don't think he expected that outcome though. Marquez knows that and doesn't want to fight him anymore. He was being dominated in that fight.

Bradley? Man, I stopped watching him years ago, boring fighter. I honestly thought that Pac won that fight too. And he will beat Bradley in their next match.

What do you think of the possible upcoming match between Mayweather and Khan?

Jeez. I can tell people are new to boxing.

1. Of course Sergio is going to say he'll come down to 154. But the fact remains that he's a middleweight. Why doesn't Sergio go up to fight Ward or even Golovkin for that matter? He's calling out much smaller fighters. Is Martinez a coward? Hell, Hopkins was saying he'll come down to 160 to fight Floyd. Like wut?

2. You are implying that a man that gets paid millions to hit other people is scared of Manny Pacquiao? The guy that got knocked out by JMM, who is my favorite fighter and a legend but got toyed with by Floyd, is going to beat Floyd? Really?

3. Do you remember the fabulous 4? Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Marvin Hagler, and Thomas Hearns? They were the best in their time and guess what? They ALL FOUGHT EACH OTHER!!

Things are different now. We have 2 major promotional companies that are in a cold war with each other. It's not about Floyd being scared of Manny or vice versa. None of these guys are scared. They are in a controlled fight that will be stopped when necessary by the ref. There isn't anything to be scared of. 

Just stop with the "scared" talk.

4. The fight will only happen if and when Manny leaves Top Rank. (Which he won't cause he's Bob Arum's bitch that can't stand up for himself). Oscar left, Floyd left, Cotto left, all PPV stars and the only PPV star that is still on a leash with Top Rank is Manny. People wanted Floyd vs. Oscar and Bob wouldn't let it him. Floyd left, the fight happened. People wanted Cotto vs. Floyd for the longest time. Bob didn't let it happen. As soon as Cotto left the fight was made instantly.

5. Pac needs to accept 30 million at this point, leave Arum, take the lopsided loss, and retire. That's it.

6. Nihilist, "DESTROYING" doesn't make you P4P number 1. Winning every single time convinvingly does which Pac has failed to do.