By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EverQuest Next confirmed for PlayStation 4

pezus said:
Soonerman said:
I don't know why people get excited about this. This game will be dumb down for the controller for a console which means the game will be lame. After all, FF XI was pretty dull and boring. And I still have no hope for this game. WoW will still be doing better when this one comes out.

Huh?

WoW is only going down.

This game doesn't need to have more subscribers/players than WoW, though. Why would it?

The main problem with mmos right now is wow, because when you go to a bank/publisher with you MMO idea, first question is "Will it be like WoW ?".

So we have all these wow-likes launching every week. We really need a mmo that beats wow so we are able to say "It's not WoW, it's different, and it's better. It's possible to do something else"

Tough it started already.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Soonerman said:
I don't know why people get excited about this. This game will be dumb down for the controller for a console which means the game will be lame. After all, FF XI was pretty dull and boring. And I still have no hope for this game. WoW will still be doing better when this one comes out.

Huh?

WoW is only going down.

This game doesn't need to have more subscribers/players than WoW, though. Why would it?

Yeah, after 9 years?  still 7m+ subs base. Not to mention a new xpac is coming. It is the same old history , new MMO comes= wow killer. No doubt this one will fail hard and will turn in dust....It will become another Neverwinter/SWTOR/GW2....

Most antecipated games: Mario Kart 8 and Warlords of Draenor.

Unless TOR gets a PS4 port, this will be my MMO game for the PS4. Sorry TES Online, you never really stood a chance

Shame about Planetside 2 though, expected it way earlier :-/

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

crossplay pleeease!

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

we should be lucky we all bought a P.S.4

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Corvo said:
pezus said:
Soonerman said:

Huh?

WoW is only going down.

Yeah, after 9 years?  still 7m+ subs base. Not to mention a new xpac is coming. It is the same old history , new MMO comes= wow killer. No doubt this one will fail hard and will turn in dust....It will become another Neverwinter/SWTOR/GW2....

It's almost as if you WANT that to happen. MMO fan wars? It's a new one to me

The PS5 Exists. 

pezus said:
Soonerman said:

Huh?

WoW is only going down.

Will it be subscription based or F2P?
If  its F2P this game won't have a chance to reach a decent quality level and to be healthy in the Sub Segment they need to stop trying to be the WoW Killer like every other game in the last years tried.

To be honest > Nothing ever will beat WoW in Subscription based MMORPG Segment.
And the biggest mistake is trying to do it.
To be competitive with WoW you need to release with content worth of 10 years aka 5 Expansions or so.
All the MMORPGs of th Last Years had all the fault of missing Endgame Content while they tried so much to be the "WoW Killer"
It doesn't matter if you pump out 200 Million into Story Telling like Star Wars TOR had if you finished this after 2 days and cleared every Raid Encounter and got the highest PvP Rank after 5 more days.Same happened with Aion,Tera,FF14 and all the others.
ESO will share the same fate > A strong first free month mainly through the WoW Community pushing it to good numbers before it is dead after that month.
Doesn't matter if you have 4 Million Subs in the first month when you drop under 500k the moment the free month is over and people go back to WoW/other games.

And high sub numbers as a subscription based game is needed if you want the game to stay healthy and get constantly new Raid Content and other things.
And don't tell me you don't need Raid Content > What will you do then?2 Days to max Level(in every MMORPG) and then?
Challenge and Raid Content are the only thing which brings ENOUGH people to stay otherwise you end up at a bad F2P Model like Star Wars TOR did.
I really hope EverQuest Next is able to manage this cause it was back then something like the inspiration for WoW.If they still have the quality they can create something that could rival it without trying to be it.
Everquest Next is together with Wildstar the only game which has a realistic chance to survive and stay healthy in the same genre as a subscription based model.

SupBambiKing said:
pezus said:
Soonerman said:

Huh?

WoW is only going down.

Will it be subscription based or F2P?
If  its F2P this game won't have a chance to reach a decent quality level and to be healthy in the Sub Segment they need to stop trying to be the WoW Killer like every other game in the last years tried.

To be honest > Nothing ever will beat WoW in Subscription based MMORPG Segment.
And the biggest mistake is trying to do it.
To be competitive with WoW you need to release with content worth of 10 years aka 5 Expansions or so.
All the MMORPGs of th Last Years had all the fault of missing Endgame Content while they tried so much to be the "WoW Killer"
It doesn't matter if you pump out 200 Million into Story Telling like Star Wars TOR had if you finished this after 2 days and cleared every Raid Encounter and got the highest PvP Rank after 5 more days.Same happened with Aion,Tera,FF14 and all the others.
ESO will share the same fate > A strong first free month mainly through the WoW Community pushing it to good numbers before it is dead after that month.
Doesn't matter if you have 4 Million Subs in the first month when you drop under 500k the moment the free month is over and people go back to WoW/other games.

And high sub numbers as a subscription based game is needed if you want the game to stay healthy and get constantly new Raid Content and other things.
And don't tell me you don't need Raid Content > What will you do then?2 Days to max Level(in every MMORPG) and then?
Challenge and Raid Content are the only thing which brings ENOUGH people to stay otherwise you end up at a bad F2P Model like Star Wars TOR did.
I really hope EverQuest Next is able to manage this cause it was back then something like the inspiration for WoW.If they still have the quality they can create something that could rival it without trying to be it.
Everquest Next is together with Wildstar the only game which has a realistic chance to survive and stay healthy in the same genre as a subscription based model.

You're all forgetting that this is an EVERQUEST game, that is huuuuge...EverQuest isnt just another MMO, it is one of the Holy Duo that includes WoW EverQuest.  EverQuest and WoW are the two MMO's that cannot possibly fail. 

EQ1 one has been around for 15 years now and has a stubborn and strong player base that isnt going anywhere.  Same with both EQ2 and WoW...they will always be around and likely never canceled.

SWTOR, GW2 will eventually be canceled.  EQ1-2, WoW and maybe FFXIV will still be going strong.  EQ3(Next) will do the same.  EverQuest is a LOT bigger than people realize (no advertizing helps).  Hell, EverQuest 1 just got green lit for its biggest expansion in 8 years. 

There hasnt been a threat to WoW even remotely as big as EQ Next since WoW released along side EQ2. 

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I used to play everquest years ago.

Never knew it was still going

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Not something id play but nice add non the less