By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's not about the framerate!

Xen said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

Why did you bother showing them side by side multiplat resolution comparisons in the first place?
I think youre also distorting my message.
Im not saying go out there and praise ps4. Im saying stop talking nonsense.
Jet li could not take bruce lee ot jackie vhan in a fight simply because they look similar.

Jet Li couldn't take Bruce Lee in a fight mainly because Bruce Lee is dead.

Bruce Lee couldn't take Jet Li in a fight mainly because Bruce Lee is dead.

I guess it does make more sense like that.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

This thread is like its running below 30fps

@fps
So it's virtually indistinguishable from a better thread, then?

I understand what you mean, but at the end of the day isn't it the perceived difference that really matters?

It isn't, until it is!

Around the Network

@joethebro
No because thats only if we apply the power difference to unoptimized graphical quality. With the way ps4 hardware is structured with gpu doing cpu work and vice versa, we're talking overall difference, which will translate with exclusives.
For example ryse is a great looking game, but most agree that the content is lacking. Content was traded gor graphical quality. There is a limit on what you can do with the game. Ps4 difference means content might not have suffered on a ryse equivalent. Framerates and resolution are just lazy optimizations, and not indicative of actual capability...but it does prove capability difference. Ie the existence of power difference, but not the extent of which.

I was totally wrong about this thread. I was expecting a "Frame rate doesn't matter" thread and was prepared to say that if 60fps doesn't matter and neither does 1080p then why even get a next gen console?

Glad I was wrong.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Spot on OP.

The PS5 Exists. 

I agree it is about POWAAAAAA!!!!

vivster said:

I thought I'd make a similar thread to this.

So let's say the gap between the consoles in multiplat titles stays the same. Will there be numerous threads about every multiplat for the next 6 years?
 Who will get bored faster? Sony fans making these threads or X1 fans defending their box. Will threads like these succumb to self celebratory jerkfests for Sony fans or will they get bored of it eventually?

I don't think Playstation fans will tire of it, and you can place that blame on the majority of Xbox fans.  Playstation 3 got some really poor ports here and there, but with games leading on Xbox, even the slightlest bit of difference where the Xbox 360 was better, regardless how unnoticeable, most Xbox fans would blow it out of proportion.

It's like Xbox fans opened up a fortune cookie that says "Karma will be a bitch for the next seven years."