By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi's New Island might not be for older fans

Tagged games:

5 levels...

Around the Network

I cannot get myself to like this game. Its not from gameplay or anything I dont like, it's the look of it, as ridiculous as that sounds. I really am not a fan of this particular 3D transition. The 3D environments makes the game feel empty and less lively and darker (if that makes any sense), though this opinion is probably just me

spurgeonryan said:
Anfebious said:
Oh it's too kiddy now? Based on 5 stages? Yep, not gonna trust this guy! I'll play it and see for myself.

you think the other levels will be different?

Probably. Games tend to become more difficult as you progress. The first 5 stages are not a good measure for the games difficulty.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Yoshi's Island is one of the most mechanically intense and precise games ever made.

Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-LrpZlQ9Gs

If that's missing in the name of being for kids I will be disappointed. I would have thought they'd learned from Yoshi's Island DS that inferior clones don't work.

http://www.gamesradar.com/yoshis-new-island-review/

Around the Network

I cant get over the fact that someone wants to make a sequel to a visual masterpiece like this:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

I wouldn't read too much into the content of the first five stages. Yoshi's Island games tend to start off unassumingly easy, then gradually become much more demanding.

JazzB1987 said:

I cant get over the fact that someone wants to make a sequel to a visual masterpeice like this:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

My thoughts exactly 

JazzB1987 said:

I cant get over the fact that someone wants to make a sequel to a visual masterpiece like this:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

Yoshi's island is one of my favourite SNES game and a big part of the appeal was the wonderful hand drawn art... 

This... is not.

Still getting this. I loved the original and I think the DS one was good.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)