By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi's New Island might not be for older fans

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
Anfebious said:
Oh it's too kiddy now? Based on 5 stages? Yep, not gonna trust this guy! I'll play it and see for myself.

you think the other levels will be different?

Probably. Games tend to become more difficult as you progress. The first 5 stages are not a good measure for the games difficulty.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Yoshi's Island is one of the most mechanically intense and precise games ever made.

Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-LrpZlQ9Gs

If that's missing in the name of being for kids I will be disappointed. I would have thought they'd learned from Yoshi's Island DS that inferior clones don't work.

http://www.gamesradar.com/yoshis-new-island-review/

I cant get over the fact that someone wants to make a sequel to a visual masterpiece like this:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

I wouldn't read too much into the content of the first five stages. Yoshi's Island games tend to start off unassumingly easy, then gradually become much more demanding.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

I cant get over the fact that someone wants to make a sequel to a visual masterpeice like this:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

My thoughts exactly 

JazzB1987 said:

I cant get over the fact that someone wants to make a sequel to a visual masterpiece like this:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

Yoshi's island is one of my favourite SNES game and a big part of the appeal was the wonderful hand drawn art... 

This... is not.

Still getting this. I loved the original and I think the DS one was good.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I remember having similar complaints about the original back in the day and now it's considered a classic so go figure. I'm concerned as I thought Nintendo were over their dumbing down phase (there was a point a few years back were a few of their titles seemed deliberately easy...not for the sake of kidd-a-fying things, I think it had more to do with appealing to the casual gamer). It's just one opinion and I'll reserve my judgement until the games released. 'Easy' doesn't equate to 'crap' after all.

JazzB1987 said:

and the result is this:

how the hell......

Oh wow, I'm really not digging the new visual style. I would prefered a pure 2D platformer with hand drawn art. That's the reason Rayman Origins looked so good. This just looks awkward to me. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!