By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 4.1 — Nintendo's number to remember

I agree with the idea of a massive increase, JL, but not the #.

The idea of a massive increase all at once seems ridiculous based on what we already know about these mechanical assembly firms. Nintendo would have to have something up its sleeve to increase this at a faster clip, to begin with.

On the other hand, they announced in the fall that they will start selling the Wii in
China and Korea. China's average income has been shooting up for the last decade and we all know they have the largest population on the planet. On top of that, South Korea is Mecca for online PC Gamers, so there is a potential base with regards to the likelihood that it is a natural move for PC Gamers to shore up gaming potential with a console.

How else would they meet the demand, they still cannot meet in the US(based on anecdotal evidence and EBay Prices) and open up two potentially enormous markets, than to vastly increase supply?

How will Nintendo harness the power of the rising ocean?

Around the Network

I believe they'll up production, but doubling it? I don't think so. Maybe in the long run it'll be double what it is now, but not anytime soon.

I await for April to come so we can see what really happens.

I love John Lucas's threads. Accurate or not, they have a definate place in history.

Isn't Nintendo currently producing about 1.2M Wiis per month? I doubt they are going to more than triple production to 4.1M per month. I just don't see that level of demand.

Arcturus said:
Isn't Nintendo currently producing about 1.2M Wiis per month? I doubt they are going to more than triple production to 4.1M per month. I just don't see that level of demand.

I think they are producing 1.8mil each month.

Around the Network

We will...not see a number that high.
More like 2.1-2.4 million per month.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

I would also like to mention that there was a business week or a newsweek article last summer about China and the young adults disconnect from the communist aspects of the govenment and even politics in general. Long story short, Democracy was way down the list of things they wanted, and the Wii was in the top 3.

i can see that if the wii keeps up momentum (i think it will start to fade, but thats only relative. its still gona sell really well) they might do that for november/december only.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

zackblue said:
SO your expecting the wii to sell its entire install base times 2 by the end of 2008?

Sorry mate, not going to happen.

PS2 did it, and Wii is tracking ahead of PS2.  So, it should easily be possible if they do in fact get enough supply.

I don't think 4.1 is outside the realm of possibility, but I think it will be later in the year and it will go to 3.2-3.4 million first.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm gonna say simply: wishful thinking.

Yes productions numbers will go up, but you're crazy to think they'll go up that high. I'm curious as to what kind of thought was put into the 4.1 million figure. Thoughts about how cute those numbers look together?