By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Albert Penello downplays XBO/PS4 difference in Tomb Raider; "we just shipped"

TimCliveroller said:
Do any of my foregoing contributors own a new generation Xbox?

Maybe. Maybe not. Would having one constitutes as a prerequisite for reading and comprehending reported current events in the console industry?

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

Shamelessly copied and pasted from Gaf

Look, I had a lot of time to think about this and I believe in what I said. I believe that the differences between the boxes [PS4 and Xbox One] is not all that great and I know what is going behind the scenes and I have access to more information about some of this thing than a lot of people. Sometimes people tend to neglect the points that are in my favor and they like to highlight the points that tell me I am wrong. I still think Ryse is still the best looking game on any platform. Period. End of story,” he said.

“I think if you look at the title which we launch, which were multiplatform titles. The bulk of them were the same. I think there were 12 titles were released on both platforms [PS4 and Xbox One], leaving three, all of them had the same performance on both boxes. Everybody wants to focus on frame rate, there is Tomb Raider, there is a resolution thing going on and OK, there could be a lot of reasons why that could be true but we are just a [few] weeks in, we just shipped, it’s a long generation. People who bought an Xbox One are going to be in for an awesome generation of games that are only going to get better. I think these little things get way overblown versus like the quality of the games and the real differences in experiences which are pretty minor,” he said.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/2014/01/episode-417-podcast-exclusive-interview-with-aaron-greenberg-albert-penello-about-xbox-one/

Aaron Greenberg shares his take on it:

"It's like, we're the movie theater that has all the blockbuster movies, and has the most screens, and then somebody has figured out that there's also another movie theater that has less screens but if you look at this one movie, like, sometimes it looks better on their screen. And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better.

You know what, I think the games on PS4 look fantastic, I play them, I enjoy them...it's a great thing for this industry that they have success...at the end of the day, if I have to pick one box, I'm gonna pick ours. I work here, so I root for the home team."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=810

Lock if old.

"And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better"

Only they don't, and won't, ever.

Well he is doing his job.

"It's like, we're the movie theater that has all the blockbuster movies, and has the most screens, and then somebody has figured out that there's also another movie theater that has less screens but if you look at this one movie, like, sometimes it looks better on their screen. And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better.

In terms of this metaphor:
You aren't the theatre that has the most screens(Most Hardware Sales?), or have all the blockbuster movies (Games). No one company has all the blockbuster movies (Games).

Also so far none of the shared blockbusters look better. 

He must dance break to spin so much.

They sure have more screens turned off on shelves.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Well he is doing his job.

lol at the last part of the third one. This guy is a douch!!

"And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better."

I would like to see this movie that looks better

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

gooch_destroyer said:

Aaron Greenberg shares his take on it:

Can I just point out how ridiculously arrogant this comment is?

LivingMetal said:
TimCliveroller said:
Do any of my foregoing contributors own a new generation Xbox?

Maybe. Maybe not. Would having one constitutes as a prerequisite for reading and comprehending reported current events in the console industry?

No. It would just put them in a certain statistical cathegory.

Ex Graphics Whore.

UltimateUnknown said:
Shinobi-san said:
Jesus MS. Why not just stand by your design decisions?

You went for an inferior gpu to get to the $500 pricepoint with Kinect included. Thats quite a feat in itself...why still try and make as if everything else is equal when they not?

The PS4 doesn't come shipped with a Kinect. Just like a X1 doesn't come shipped with 8GB of GDDR5 ram and 18 GCN compute units. Its that fucking simple. Your design decisions. At least have the balls to stick by them and not try and act as if its something different. You end up coming across as idiots and douchebags.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say along. MS held back on the overall specs of the box so that they could pack Kinect in. It was MS's choice. Sony decided to forego peripherals to make their box cheaper and more powerful. It was Sony's choice.

Sony has been sticking up for the choices that they've made and trying to sell their boxes with those merits.

MS on the other hand aren't sticking up for their choice of shipping kinect with the box and haven't been trying to sell why that Kinect makes them better. It just makes it look like they did something wrong when they themselves don't seem to have faith in their own product.

Well you managed to say it better than me :)

I feel like MS has neglected the Kinect in the lead up to the launch and even now post launch. There doesnt seem to be any special focus from MS on Kinect...they need to lead from the front with getting Kinect specific software.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|