By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Albert Penello downplays XBO/PS4 difference in Tomb Raider; "we just shipped"

LOL MS pr in full defense mode. He owes everyone at gaf an apology, No way we are giving up a 30% power advantage right albert? Ms pr worst in the industry, is there an honest person in MS?

Around the Network

Funny how now they are downplaying, pinello had an entire article last gen how the 360 hardware was better then PS3..now hes downplaying. MS needs to STFU they just make themself look worse everytime they open their mouth.

Greenberg was notorious for taking shots and PS3 now him and all SM are downplaying everything. Just STFu MS please.

TimCliveroller said:
LivingMetal said:
TimCliveroller said:
Do any of my foregoing contributors own a new generation Xbox?

Maybe. Maybe not. Would having one constitutes as a prerequisite for reading and comprehending reported current events in the console industry?

No. It would just put them in a certain statistical cathegory.

And what would that be and its significance in light of the discussion at hand? 

FlamingWeazel said:
LOL MS pr in full defense mode. He owes everyone at gaf an apology, No way we are giving up a 430% power advantage right albert? Ms pr worst in the industry, is there an honest person in MS?

Yes honest people are found in MS, now the question is does MS Gaming PR have honest people. 

pezus said:
TimCliveroller said:

No. Next question: Does it matter?

"No." "Does it matter?" - that is exactly my question. 

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network

Ahh, so much spin it's making me dizzy

Shinobi-san said:
Jesus MS. Why not just stand by your design decisions?

You went for an inferior gpu to get to the $500 pricepoint with Kinect included. Thats quite a feat in itself...why still try and make as if everything else is equal when they not?

The PS4 doesn't come shipped with a Kinect. Just like a X1 doesn't come shipped with 8GB of GDDR5 ram and 18 GCN compute units. Its that fucking simple. Your design decisions. At least have the balls to stick by them and not try and act as if its something different. You end up coming across as idiots and douchebags.

I know what you mean. It's not like having the most powerful console = success so I don't see why they make such a big deal out of it. The PS2 was the weakest of its generation yet outsold the competition combined... twice over.

TimCliveroller said:
pezus said:
TimCliveroller said:

No. Next question: Does it matter?

"No." "Does it matter?" - that is exactly my question. 

Now can we engage in a monkey beating tag team discussion?

Ex Graphics Whore.

Shinobi-san said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Shinobi-san said:
Jesus MS. Why not just stand by your design decisions?

You went for an inferior gpu to get to the $500 pricepoint with Kinect included. Thats quite a feat in itself...why still try and make as if everything else is equal when they not?

The PS4 doesn't come shipped with a Kinect. Just like a X1 doesn't come shipped with 8GB of GDDR5 ram and 18 GCN compute units. Its that fucking simple. Your design decisions. At least have the balls to stick by them and not try and act as if its something different. You end up coming across as idiots and douchebags.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say along. MS held back on the overall specs of the box so that they could pack Kinect in. It was MS's choice. Sony decided to forego peripherals to make their box cheaper and more powerful. It was Sony's choice.

Sony has been sticking up for the choices that they've made and trying to sell their boxes with those merits.

MS on the other hand aren't sticking up for their choice of shipping kinect with the box and haven't been trying to sell why that Kinect makes them better. It just makes it look like they did something wrong when they themselves don't seem to have faith in their own product.

Well you managed to say it better than me :)

I feel like MS has neglected the Kinect in the lead up to the launch and even now post launch. There doesnt seem to be any special focus from MS on Kinect...they need to lead from the front with getting Kinect specific software.

Exactly. MS completely failed to show last gen why the Kinect should be an important piece of hardware to play hardcore games.

This gen they touted massive improvements in the tech, but none of it has transformed into solid gameplay. In fact, so far the Kinect games are continuing on the same trend of being awful from last gen. Rather than talking the big game, MS need to hit the studios and develop something which shows why Kinect is so necessary that they had to sacrifice hardware fidelity and a lower price point because of it.

"It's like, we're the movie theater that has all the blockbuster movies, and has the most screens, and then somebody has figured out that there's also another movie theater that has less screens but if you look at this one movie, like, sometimes it looks better on their screen. And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better.

This guy needs to stop drinking at work.

For any of you who've watched Rick and Morty (I recommend it). Read that quote in Ricks Voice, it makes it way better haha!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.