By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC2 Lead Accuses Shadow Of Mordor of STELAING Code & Animation!

Strong accusations. It certainly looks like they copied, but it could very well just be a coincidence. We'll see.

Around the Network

Certainly though, no one will ever beat Limbo of the Lost...

Go google some pics of that and see if you can faintly recognize certain parts of it.

naruball said:
Based on the Youtube comments, it seems that the similarities are way too obvious. Then again, did the creators of Smash call out the people who made Playstation Superstars or Santa Monica the developers of Dante's Inferno? I just don't see it as very professional, unless he can see something we can't.

Those are examples of games that borrowed gameplay ideas and attempted to refine/alter them, for better or worse. They didn't steal code and animations. Not saying that the Shadow of Mordor guys did, but those examples you gave are a completely different issue.

Mummelmann said:

Go google some pics of that and see if you can faintly recognize certain parts of it.

Gosh that's hilarious! Did they get away with it?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It looks a bit similar but it is not nearly as fluid as AC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Mummelmann said:

Gosh that's hilarious! Did they get away with it?

Nah, not so much!

There was also theft from Oblivion, Unreal and a bunch of other games, I don't think there was a single original asset in the entire production...

DucksUnlimited said:
naruball said:
Based on the Youtube comments, it seems that the similarities are way too obvious. Then again, did the creators of Smash call out the people who made Playstation Superstars or Santa Monica the developers of Dante's Inferno? I just don't see it as very professional, unless he can see something we can't.

Those are examples of games that borrowed gameplay ideas and attempted to refine/alter them, for better or worse. They didn't steal code and animations. Not saying that the Shadow of Mordor guys did, but those examples you gave are a completely different issue.

Oh, I see the difference. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see if they actually stole the code. Because I seriously don't get how they would think that they could get away with it.

Wow, how can some people not see that it's a carbon copy of AC? Of course they ripped it off straight through.

I almost couldn't believe watching that video. And these guys didn't even understand which parts to cut away (AC combat). What a comedy.

I'm not sure whats the issue here, lots of games copied Gears of War combat gameplay so its only normal someone will do the same with AC.

NavyNut said:
I'm not sure whats the issue here, lots of games copied Gears of War combat gameplay so its only normal someone will do the same with AC.

There was nothing unique about gears of war's combat, and no-one directly ripped off its animations anyway.