By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 devs are “Fairly Close” to Maxing out PS4 and Xbox One

They are probably genius! Maxed out two consoles 2 months after release!! And I remember how ND said PS3 was maxed out this year in TLOU and 343 talked about maxing out 360 in 2012... Well, take that ND and 343!!

Around the Network

I think this will be the shortest gen ever because the consoles are so close to PC's that they will get maxed out much sooner than later, unless they are reserving/locking power for future years. I do not think CDProjekt is lying.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

We hear this every gen and then all of a sudden "We some how found some extra power hiding in the back of the PS4 to make our next game the truly maxed out PS4 version. But wait there's more..."

Probably, as PS4 uses a PC-like architecture and the Witcher games are mainly developed on PC, they are close to maxing out the CURRENT capabilities of PS4 HW/SW setup, but surely too, the current system SW doesn't max out HW capabilities yet: in the next years dev tools, standard libraries and drivers will be improved and refined, increasing the part of optimization that is out of game developers reach. It won't be fast, changes must be done gradually and carefully to avoid worsening stability, and there are some optimizations, like loop unrolling, where performances increase implies larger code size, so some trade-offs can become necessary.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

lol...
The claim certainly came sooner than for the PS3 though.

Around the Network

a wiiu version would be good due to having a tablet screen for inventory

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I dont understand how you guys can feel threatened by this. Witcher 3 is going to be both visually impressive and massive at the same time. Of course it would be the game to push the consoles. WRPG's should be the games pushing consoles. If it has 120 hours worth of content, expect some chugging. Very few games will match the amount of content.

Yeah...they were maxing out a lot of PCs with their initial build of Witcher 2 as well. Some actual code optimization later and...wouldn't you just damn know it, the blasted thing started running on lower spec systems just as well. Tsk tsk tsk...

Seriously though, I'm worried for how this game will perform on consoles. Both Witcher games have been terrible at launch in terms of performances, and still are in some areas, even after massive patches.

JinxRake said:
Yeah...they were maxing out a lot of PCs with their initial build of Witcher 2 as well. Some actual code optimization later and...wouldn't you just damn know it, the blasted thing started running on lower spec systems just as well. Tsk tsk tsk...

Seriously though, I'm worried for how this game will perform on consoles. Both Witcher games have been terrible at launch in terms of performances, and still are in some areas, even after massive patches.

Witcher 2 on 360 ran really well.

Notice the "launch" part of my post please. I'm sure it will run well after a while, but at launch right now I'm worried that we'll be seeing performance issues.