By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 devs are “Fairly Close” to Maxing out PS4 and Xbox One

Before Naughty Dog isn't saying they maxed out the PS4 no one maxed it out.

Around the Network
160rmf said:
If it was a anonymous dev saying that the snake game of the nokia cell phone pushes wii u capabilities to the limits, it would get more credibility

This, this so much

he said "all three platforms" and for a while I thought that he included Wii U. Now what could be more bizzare?
Still, funny way of saying he loves experience with PCs so far, PC's aren't new to the market at all. I don't get it.

we'll be hearing this all gen

SupBambiKing said:
Before Naughty Dog isn't saying they maxed out the PS4 no one maxed it out.

ND said they maxed out the PS3 with Uncharted 2. Even they can't be trusted lol.

Around the Network

his statement was more of a surface level one in terms of the initial specs known by fans of the systems like cpu and gpu. Im sure other devs down the line will figure out new ways to cull better and all that shit lol and it's not like he made a cocky remark about it.

maxed out =/= fully optimized. I presume developers maxed out the ps3 and xbox 360 early last generation but as the years went on they became more efficient at doing things, and hence  were able to get more out of the ageing consoles.

As an aside, the Witcher 3 looks amazing. I don't remember being this impressed with a game since Uncharted 2.

Lafiel said:

The Witcher 3 is a beautiful game and I don't doubt they are using the hardware very well, but there will always be newer code that makes some effects easier to achieve and hence unlocks power for different aspects resulting in an even more spectacular looking game.

This. What they should say is our engine is running at maximum capacity on the hardware. It's not the hardware that's maxed out, it's their code. Optimisations allows for improvements with the engine. See Uncharted 1-3. Or Bioshock -Infinite

he really said bs like this ?

I maxed out my credit card once.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto