By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 devs are “Fairly Close” to Maxing out PS4 and Xbox One

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/22/the-witcher-3-developer-fairly-close-to-maxing-ps4-and-xbox-one-pc-gamers-should-save-for-upgrade/

Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of The Witcher's CD Project Red, had this to say:

“It is extremely manageable. There is a lot of power in these machines, and I don’t want to say we’re using them to their capacity, but we’re fairly close to doing so.

We made a decision to go next-gen roughly two and a half years ago, so we’ve spent a lot of time with these machines, and it’s been a great experience across all three platforms. On the old platforms, namely the Xbox 360 and PS3, we probably would have had to sacrifice nearly half of our vision.”

So the PS4 and XBO are already getting maxed out? The Witcher 3 isn't exactly a small game either. Seems like what a lot of people predicted is coming to fruition. Graphically, games like The Witcher 3 is as good as it gets on those guys. Not much improvement to look forward to in the long run.

Around the Network

lol no.

Yeah we'll see about that 5 years from now when devs have actually maxed out the PS4/XBO.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The Witcher 3 is a beautiful game and I don't doubt they are using the hardware very well, but there will always be newer code that makes some effects easier to achieve and hence unlocks power for different aspects resulting in an even more spectacular looking game.

Probably not.

Around the Network

Woopsy! It seems that PS4 and Xbox One are close to being maxed! That's no good at all!

I'm smelling doom.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Time for new systems. I expect a spec sheet to leak from MS and Sony in the upcoming weeks.

If this is their maximum ability, then we are in for some nice graphics three years down the road.

If it was a anonymous dev saying that the snake game of the nokia cell phone pushes wii u capabilities to the limits, it would get more credibility

We reap what we sow

I want this game badly...

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.