By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor:Wii U version of Watch Dogs cancelled?GameStop Italy AND USA say It was an error!

Mr Khan said:
spemanig said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
I remember reading an article saying wii U version was going to be better than ps360, so if they got that far, why would they cancel it?

EA had Crysis 3 running. Canned.

That was EA, though. I would certainly hope Ubisoft doesn't display quite such self-spiting tendencies.

They delayed the completed Rayman Legends nine months to make it multiplat. Never forget.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Hibern81 said:
Ill be pissed, but after watching the Infamous Second Son trailer I have convinced myself thoroughly that I NEED a ps4. Bundle baby!

you're welcome.  :P

...evidence is weak but at the same time i wouldn't be surprised either.   it would piss a lot of people off though.   to some extent i think it would be better to release a terrible wiiU port than to cancel just because of the negative press. 

Thank you! Definitely the first game that I have seen that screams next gen.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I don't see it being cancelled. We all can debate how much the Wii U will sell this year, but what pretty much everyone is in agreement about is that Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong and all of their other titles coming out this year, are going to sell alot of consoles. I could see it being anywhere from 6.5 - 12.5 million, depending on if Nintendo makes some appealing bundles, markets well, and drops the price another $50, but the bottom line is that Ubisoft will have atleast 11 - 12 million Wii U owners to try and sell Watch Dogs to.

Wasn't there a new user who claimed to know something about a big upcoming WiiU game being cancelled?

Keeping an eye on that one!

Wii U version of Watch Dogs cancelled? No that's impossible, Ubisoft wouldn't want to mis those millions of copies sold of the Wii U version.

Around the Network
superhippy420 said:
I don't see it being cancelled. We all can debate how much the Wii U will sell this year, but what pretty much everyone is in agreement about is that Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong and all of their other titles coming out this year, are going to sell alot of consoles. I could see it being anywhere from 6.5 - 12.5 million, depending on if Nintendo makes some appealing bundles, markets well, and drops the price another $50, but the bottom line is that Ubisoft will have atleast 11 - 12 million Wii U owners to try and sell Watch Dogs to.

I dont think any one is in agreement that Kart smash Kong will sale lots of consoles.  Also if WD comes out by July, thers no chance Wiiu will be at 10/11m in sales.  Canning it after all this time might be a bit much,  but lets be real they dont expect and great sales numbers on the wiiu.  It be a succes at 10% which it will not do.  If you look at CoDghosts numbers, canning it might be a way to go.

daredevil.shark said:
I am now feeling sorry for Wii U. I cant bash a dead system. Damn.

You better watch out, I got banned for calling the Wii U just that. 

Anyway, why would any third party be interested in releasing anything on this console? All previous attempts have bombed really hard and not even Nintendo games are selling as well.

I'm not surprised and neither should anyone be. 

If they spent all the money developing it for Wii U just to cancel it now Ubisoft have to be pretty stupid.

TanukiTrooper said:
If they spent all the money developing it for Wii U just to cancel it now Ubisoft have to be pretty stupid.

It would seem that way. The userbase is also bigger than the PS4 which is the leading next-gen console.

I doubt this rumour but at the same time it won't be much of a shock if it's true.

Ok, ive just visited the official Watch dogs site and there for all to see very clearly is the lovely Wii U logo and box art. You can also pre order if you wish. That will be my official source of information regarding watch dogs for the forseeable future :D