By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor:Wii U version of Watch Dogs cancelled?GameStop Italy AND USA say It was an error!

burninmylight said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
My American Ubisoft rep tells me it's still coming. Couldn't comment on Italy though but hasn't heard of any regional cancellations though that's possible.

Don't make me have to quote myself again.

This is actually becoming undignified.

Your original comment gave me relief, until I found this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/rumour_ubisoft_refuses_to_comment_on_watch_dogs_wii_u_cancellation_rumours

It's like people forgot about Rayman Legends and all the "exclusive" PR.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
burninmylight said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
My American Ubisoft rep tells me it's still coming. Couldn't comment on Italy though but hasn't heard of any regional cancellations though that's possible.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/rumour_ubisoft_refuses_to_comment_on_watch_dogs_wii_u_cancellation_rumours

It's like people forgot about Rayman Legends and all the "exclusive" PR.

Unfortunately, you have a point. Rayman Legends was what, a week or two away from its launch before it got pushed back half a year? However, RL was a delay that we knew would still be coming. We're talking about flat out canceling Watch_Dogs, which doesn't make any sense, as that game is likely finished. It was probably done for the most part back in November, but delayed to allow the X1/PS4 versions extra development time. Ubi canceling the Wii U version would be the equivalent of throwing the cost of making the port into a dumpster.

ferox said:
This was found on 4chan from a UBI developer last year.

burninmylight said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:

They, along with damn near every publisher in the market, always refuse to comment on rumor on speculation.

As I said in my post, he couldn't comment on Italy.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

burninmylight said:

Unfortunately, you have a point. Rayman Legends was what, a week or two away from its launch before it got pushed back half a year? However, RL was a delay that we knew would still be coming. We're talking about flat out canceling Watch_Dogs, which doesn't make any sense, as that game is likely finished. It was probably done for the most part back in November, but delayed to allow the X1/PS4 versions extra development time. Ubi canceling the Wii U version would be the equivalent of throwing the cost of making the port into a dumpster.

Maybe the Wii U version was cancelled since last year. Honestly, we cannot have confidence in Ubisoft and it can be a last minute decision, just like RL, after looking at the ACIV sales it was better for them to just cancel it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
burninmylight said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:
Viper1 said:

They, along with damn near every publisher in the market, always refuse to comment on rumor on speculation.

As I said in my post, he couldn't comment on Italy.

This is true. Rumors of COD being axed for the wii u last year was also greeted with a "no comment" if my failing memory serves me well.

It's not positive response for sure, but who knows?

I wouldn't be suprised considering AC4 sales.

zippy said:
Ok, ive just visited the official Watch dogs site and there for all to see very clearly is the lovely Wii U logo and box art. You can also pre order if you wish. That will be my official source of information regarding watch dogs for the forseeable future :D

ill go with that. hope they dont can it, i wanted it on wii u not my ps3. i bought ac 4 too surely it sold better then 150 k worldwide.

This will make me LIVID if it's true. Like... will never buy another game from Ubisoft livid.

Well, from reading GAF, it's back on the Italian Gamestop website. Still, I will grant you that the "no comment" was not exactly encouraging. Guess we'll have to wait it out, like COD Ghosts.