By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor:Wii U version of Watch Dogs cancelled?GameStop Italy AND USA say It was an error!

Pavolink said:
burninmylight said:

Unfortunately, you have a point. Rayman Legends was what, a week or two away from its launch before it got pushed back half a year? However, RL was a delay that we knew would still be coming. We're talking about flat out canceling Watch_Dogs, which doesn't make any sense, as that game is likely finished. It was probably done for the most part back in November, but delayed to allow the X1/PS4 versions extra development time. Ubi canceling the Wii U version would be the equivalent of throwing the cost of making the port into a dumpster.

Maybe the Wii U version was cancelled since last year. Honestly, we cannot have confidence in Ubisoft and it can be a last minute decision, just like RL, after looking at the ACIV sales it was better for them to just cancel it.

ACIV probably is at least zeroing in on breaking even if nothing else, since the engine is basically the same as ACIII so the "porting" costs have to be much lower.

Dumb as Ubi's reason for delaying Rayman Legends was, at least it was a *reason* (Microsoft's clout). There would be no reason to do this, unless the game was actually running much worse than other versions, or like Aliens: Colonial Marines the game is actually shit and just not worth releasing on any platform, so they might as well cut off the weaker-performing versions, but I would seriously doubt it. Watch Dogs is going to be Ubisoft's big bet going into the next generation as Assassin's Creed stagnates and their other brands have proven to be diminishing (Rayman and Splinter Cell), so they're going to want to put it on as many platforms as they can justify.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

That's very improbable. This late in the game stage would be costly to cancel the game for Ubisoft.

The UK retailers denied the Wii U version being cancelled

lucidium said:
Have they ever actually shown "WiiU" footage and labeled it as such? just saying........

Most third party games don't bother showing WiiU footage at all. The first footage we see is when someone buys the game and uploads recorded gameplay on YouTube.

Eh Im not so sure, but I can see it being a "Last Chance Saloon" kinda thing. Look back at Ubisoft's games on Wii U and things arent pretty outside of Just Dance, which you can be sure will always remain on Wii U at least.

There is a lot of bombs.

• Despite being the best selling game from them, ZombiU wasnt even close to making a profit. Bomb?
  • Rayman Legends sold relatively well, though poorly overall (on all systems).
  • Just Dance 2014 did well.
  • Just Dance 4 did well.
  • Assassin's Creed 3 bombed on Wii U.
  • ESPN Sports Connection sold 150k... Bomb?
  • Assassin's Creed 4 bombed on Wii U.
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth was a bomb on both Wii U and 360.
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist underperformed overall, but was a gigantic bomb on Wii U.
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved bombed.
  • The Smurfs 2 was a bomb on everything.
  • Rabbids Land bombed.

pezus said:
Viper1 said:

I bolded a few words in my first post.  Now think about your questions again.

1: Yes

2: Not very

Am I warm?

Warm enough.  Being a rep, he won't have a public face (social media I suppose) and obviously no direct work with the game itself.

I don't really go looking up my reps on Google and they often change anyway.  Your point of contact may be the same guy for 5 years or it may be a new guy every few weeks.  Just depends on how a publisher sets up their PR and media relations department.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

so no cancelled after all. this thread is pointles now.

Lock it.

34 years playing games.

U.S. GameStop locations cancelling Watch_Dogs Wii U preorders as well http://goo.gl/XNdFvK

Maybe it´s time for it´s happening.gif.

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-canceling-watch-dogs-wii-u-pre-orders-this-1508273787

First came the rumor of it happening in Italy, but it's happening in the U.S., too, according to a reliable Kotaku source: gaming chain GameStop is canceling pre-orders for the Wii U version of the anticipated, delayed, multi-platform Watch Dogs. That's not a good sign.

Is the Wii U version of the game cancelled outright? Not coming out at all? We don't know. When asked today, a Ubisoft rep declined to comment.

Wow, what a roller coaster. Here I thought it was resolved because the Italian website put it back up.

Let me put it this way, even if you think it makes business sense to cancel it, they handled it horribly. They should just make an announcement and get it over with if cancelling is what they are doing.