By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who else thinks Sony needs to kill the PS3?

MohammadBadir said:
I think they should move current projects to PS4/Vita like Ninty did with the Wii

Lol nice signature!! (the third one)

Around the Network

You know how many exclusives for the ps3 sony released n 2013? GOW Acesion, Beyond, GT6, LastofUS, Puppeteer, and many others.

You know why they weren't pushed back as ps4 launch titles? It's because Sony wants ps3s to keep on selling.

And you know why's that?

I have seen reports where its said sony makes like 18 dollars per ps4 sold. However, I predict they make something like 70+ dollars per ps3.

So no, killing ps3 is a horrible idea. And Sony execs has pulled all the right moves regarding ps3/ps4 imo.

PS4 seems to be doing pretty well.....I'd like to see them continue support for the PS3. PS+ is currently only really great value on the PS3. Maybe once PS4 has more games.

People who buy a ps3 now, will not buy a ps4 instead.

It seems that you (the op) think that if there is no ps3, those people will buy a ps4.
Thats not true.

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
People who buy a ps3 now, will not buy a ps4 instead.

It seems that you (the op) think that if there is no ps3, those people will buy a ps4.
Thats not true.

i agree with you i just wish to get all theese new games i didnt need my ps3 anymore as i would like to remove it from my entertainment center and move it to the spare room as a bluray player lol.

Around the Network

PS4 is not having any problems to sell right now so why kill the console that actually makes a profit?

Also Sony has a perfect track record of longevity with home consoles

The PS4 was already the fastest selling console of all time even with the PS3 out.

I honestly don't think they need it.

Nem said:
BMaker11 said:
Nem said:

Sony has already killed it as far as they are concerned in terms of software.

They cant move third party projects or say no to making money, it would be insane.

I know PS4 is having a drought, just like EVERY console during the first year. Just deal with it. Its the price to pay for beeing an early adopter.

Also cutting PS3 sales doesnt necessarily mean they would pass onto PS4. That is a severely flawed logic.

wut

With part of "Sony" didnt you understand? Yeah they got some DLC and the yearly baseball game no one cares about. I consider that nothing.

The good games are coming from third parties.

Sony still has something to do with what games appear on their console. Just because there's aren't many (any?) 1st party games coming out (that we know of) doesn't mean "Sony has already killed it as far as they are concerned in terms of software".

Third parties still have to go through Sony in order to put games on PS3. As long as they are ok-ing games to be put on PS3, they aren't "killing the PS3"

kowenicki said:
BMaker11 said:
kowenicki said:
BMaker11 said:
kowenicki said:
Absolutely no need, it is dying a fast death.

4.5m tops this year, 3m tops next. Then a rapid death.

You've been reading to many Ethomaz predicitons of massive continuing sales, that ain't happening. The ps3 isnt stopping Ps4 sales either. Its a silly notion.

But it's right behind the XBone and way above the 360 in sales (this week). 360 is still being supported. And to come close to a next gen console...how is it "dying a fast death"?

What do you consider "massive" sales? Because in the middle of the gen when 360 and PS3 were catching their strides, anywhere from 100-120K was a typical sales week. 90K isn't that far behind, so I don't see how it's "dying". Especially coming off a great holiday season

12m in 2012

8m 2013

4m 2014

thats quite fast.

Only because for some strange reason, you predict only 4M for 2014. Games still coming, price drop, being released in emerging markets, etc. are all still possible this year.

lol

well what do you predict?  enlighten me.

I was bang on for 2013.

I dunno what the lol was for. New software, a price cut, and being more affordable in otherwise untapped markets are all viable reasons for sales to remain good. I've never done predictions before, so I can't give you an estimate, but 4M seems a little low. And the fact that you were "bang on" for 2013 doesn't mean you're right for the future. Unless you have a flawless track record of sales predictions, then the fact that you were right one time means nothing

We hear this every single generation. It won't happen and it shouldn't happen.

The PS5 Exists.