By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit U OPENING Week Sales = 4% of Wii Fits Opening (For NA)

The blue ocean is still there, but Nintendo drove them away. I still think there is a market for these games, but not with Wii U and I'm not sure if they'll be able to recapture it if they let it go this gen. Winning them back from smartphones needs something new and revolutionary, just like the Wii.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Anyway I wonder how far up this game will go in terms of sales. Wii Fit Plus showed that the series can open lower & still climb to a similar total. Obviously no-one expects this from Wii Fit U now...but let's see...maybe 1-2 Million LTD isn't out of question.

No way, you need user base to achieve that.  100 Million Wii versus 5 million Wii U's and a lot less hype for this game.

My 8th gen collection

Several factors:

- Wii U is a disaster
- No marketing
- If you already have a Balance Board you only need the Wii Fit meter, and you get the game for free
- Wii U is a disaster

kupomogli said:

Well. Looks like Wii Fit U didn't make Wii U sales explode. Just wait until.... what game releases next?

Nothing. Nothing can save it. Its on life support till this gen ends and Nintendo can squeeze out a tiny profit.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

naw Ninty didnt drive casuals away. they just got tired. you see the decline in sales for various titles even on WIi.

Around the Network

Create a brand new hook every gen to grab the casuals is silly and unsustainable.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Create a brand new hook every gen to grab the casuals is silly and unsustainable.

not to mention hard to do, but what else were they going to do?

IsawYoshi said:
They seriously didn't market it?

*Sigh.* Why can they not learn?

Dude marketing isnt gonna sell it ou of hotcakes.

They have been marekteing it but they arent microsoft.

An

chapset said:
casual gaming is doomed!!!! no more fatties in the states???

Actually the issue is different: it's just that Ninty wants Wii U to cater for hardcores, and hardcores are happy to stay fat! It must be genetics, because at the faculty of engineering I know many people that regularly go to the gym, some even play rugby, but they're almost all fat! When they aren't it's because they are puny human larvae (often involved in boy scout or religious or nerdy sci-fi or fantasy associations, it looks like this helps preserving them in the larval state) and secrete the excess fat through their skin, particularly through monster-sized pimples that weirdly survived on their faces after they got past their teens. And when I had to resume working out after a skiing accident, and I swam one hour/day plus gym for more than a year, I remained quite fat anyway! Actually I never got thin even during military service, running 5km/day plus push-ups and other exercises plus marching. You can't win against genetics, might as well surrender immediately and stop suffering.   

Anyhow, maybe casual gaming isn't doomed, after all, but this doesn't prove wrong the Golden Law of D0m3: whatever happens, Ninty is ALWAYS d0m3d.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ICStats said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Anyway I wonder how far up this game will go in terms of sales. Wii Fit Plus showed that the series can open lower & still climb to a similar total. Obviously no-one expects this from Wii Fit U now...but let's see...maybe 1-2 Million LTD isn't out of question.

No way, you need user base to achieve that.  100 Million Wii versus 5 million Wii U's and a lot less hype for this game.

So Wii U will remain at 5 million for the remainder of its life?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.