By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sorry guys Sales = Quality; No Sales = DOOM

Does McDonald's make quality food now? Just because something sells a lot doesn't mean it's high quality. Reminds me of when the Wii supporters used to make this claim. It was absurd then as it is now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Capitalist democracy, if it's good enough for people they buy it, and give money to the publisher so that it can afford a sequel.

sales = a lot of people can and are willing to pay a certain amount of money for a certain product

no sales = a lot of people can not or are not willing to pay a certain amount of money for a certain product or don't even know that this product exist

but due to the fact that people like for ex. him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ifYunhT7s exist it has nothing to do with quality.

San Andreas on PS2 has a higher quality than the xbox version confirmed

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

toastboy44562 said:

Quality is subjective. Call of Duty has a very high quality because people want to buy it and enjoy the game. Having high sales means developers will take more time and money to create add-ons and sequals as well. What seems high quality to you may not be high quality to everyone else. Uncharted might seem dull and boring to Call of Duty players.

If you add up the utility from higher selling games and multiply it by the amount the game sold you would find that people earn more satisfaction from the highest selling games rather than the lowest selling games. Most of you will derail my thread because you're not educated. That is how I determine quality. If you don't know what I am talking about look here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility

No sales = No game = 0 quality = DOOM

Some sales = cheaply made game = some quality

High sales = high budget game = High quality

Sales is correlation with Quality

If a crappy Gears of War/God of War came out (like they did in 2013), they will recieve less sales (which was true).

Sorry guys!!

Utility is subjective and differs by person.

"More is always better" only applies up until the next thing is better than the alternative.

Real-life case study that people on this site can relate to:

Rather than buy one console and buy 10 really good games and 10 kind of bad games for it, some of us would rather own 2 consoles and buy 7 really good games on this console and 5 really good ones on this other console.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

When sales mirror the quality of a game... how does advertisement fit in this formula?

Advertisement does not improve the quality of a product, so it shouldn't improve sales. ;)
Why waste publishers millions for advertising, if it doesn't improve sales?

toastboy44562 said:

Quality is subjective. Call of Duty has a very high quality because people want to buy it and enjoy the game. Having high sales means developers will take more time and money to create add-ons and sequals as well. What seems high quality to you may not be high quality to everyone else. Uncharted might seem dull and boring to Call of Duty players.

If you add up the utility from higher selling games and multiply it by the amount the game sold you would find that people earn more satisfaction from the highest selling games rather than the lowest selling games. Most of you will derail my thread because you're not educated. That is how I determine quality. If you don't know what I am talking about look here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility

No sales = No game = 0 quality = DOOM

Some sales = cheaply made game = some quality investment/effort

High sales = high budget game = High quality investment/effort

Sales is correlation with quality investment/effort

investment/effort + talent + luck ~ quality

If a crappy Gears of War/God of War came out (like they did in 2013), they will recieve less sales (which was true).

Sorry guys!!

you have a point but i think you need to modify the formula a bit.