By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sorry guys Sales = Quality; No Sales = DOOM

Quality is subjective. Call of Duty has a very high quality because people want to buy it and enjoy the game. Having high sales means developers will take more time and money to create add-ons and sequals as well. What seems high quality to you may not be high quality to everyone else. Uncharted might seem dull and boring to Call of Duty players.

If you add up the utility from higher selling games and multiply it by the amount the game sold you would find that people earn more satisfaction from the highest selling games rather than the lowest selling games. Most of you will derail my thread because you're not educated. That is how I determine quality. If you don't know what I am talking about look here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility

No sales = No game = 0 quality = DOOM

Some sales = cheaply made game = some quality

High sales = high budget game = High quality

Sales is correlation with Quality

If a crappy Gears of War/God of War came out (like they did in 2013), they will recieve less sales (which was true).

Sorry guys!!

Around the Network

The DOOMAGE is everywhere.

"Sales = Quality"

No, sorry

"No Sales = Doom"

Sure

Tearaway must be such a terrible game then...

RolStoppable said:
Poor toastboy. Since he isn't allowed to make "Nintendo is doomed" threads anymore, he has to exploit all other options to spell doom.

Didn't sean also say that SALES = QULITY ? -_-

Around the Network

So, what your saying is that Cod games are higher in quality than games like Super Mario 3d Word, Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite? Okay there...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
So, what your saying is that Cod games are higher in quality than games like Super Mario 3d Word, Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite? Okay there...

They sure are to me that is. 

How could uncharted be boring or dull to CoD fans? They are both huge on big set pieces and all out mayhem.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

fatslob-:O said:
RolStoppable said:
Poor toastboy. Since he isn't allowed to make "Nintendo is doomed" threads anymore, he has to exploit all other options to spell doom.

Didn't sean also say that SALES = QULITY ? -_-

Yes, he remindes everyone that's the case in every one of his articles. But it is kind of flawed to think that way, Super Mario 3D World is a really good game, I would even consider it of high quality! Low sales could mean that a product didn't match consumer expectations, therefore it's sales are low.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

doom did sell pretty well actually and the quality was insane

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.