By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lines At Best Buy for PS4 Today (In Stock in Stores so HURRY!)

If demand is already this high, what is Sony going to do once they have PS Now, and Cloud TV, along with a real lineup of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party titles? Hope they can get production up to around 2M a month. Even at that I think it is going to be hard to find PS4 for the rest of this year, and possibly even next year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
lukeroux said:
I have yet to see a ps4 box in store...

Poland

They usually don't put them on stands yet, but Poland gets a lot of stock, at least Warsaw. Saturns had 3 batches with the launch in 2013 always on fridays between 52-95 units. Since Media Markts have the same parent company, I expect that to be similar. Sony Stores also up until now got refills on Fridays but way less units, launch was 60 units iirc, after that around 20. Empiks had very little stock, only 40 units for whole Warsaw on launch day, don't know what after that. Don't have shipment info from 2014.

Last Tuesday Media Markt had around 5 in stock, Ultima will have another batch this Monday, Sony Center (Klif) this Tuesday. So there is usually some stock but it gets sold out in time. Actually I'm surprised so many units get allocated for Poland. 

And not to mention the unofficial resellers like small video game stores which usually have consoles all the time, but they're selling them for around 500-600 Euros so it's normal that they aren't selling so fast.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

darthdevidem01 said:
Really curious to see January NPD if these sellouts & huge demand still continue.

I'm so surprised there's still so much demand, the Wii was at least attracting a whole new market which can explain the unprecedented demand.

I think it just captured the "cool" image.  I mean it just looks badass acording to every video I've seen and talk show and stuff it's been on.  It's also been an extra long gen so the thirst was real for a leap in graphics and quickness of loading and such but also just for something NEW and Sony was the first to show.  Let's not forget E3 which the mainstream pay the most attention to went about as well for Sony as it has for any company in E3's history.  PS4 had the lead due to better specs and being the first to show, but after the thunderous applause and terrible PR from MS it was clear who was going to have the lead at the start.  Even after MS altered their plans they had to spend the whole Summer and Fall denying new rumors and undoing bad decisions instead of building excitement, which Sony was doing all those months and getting people amped.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Xen said:
lukeroux said:

Poland

Same. (in Israel, Estonia, and Finland).

Given that Sony needs to supply a large plethora of markets right now, with Japan coming up, means this will carry on for a while longer. Anticipation builds up pleasure (aka the later buyers will have a nicer library of games to go with )

I have never seen a PS4 here in Sweden in a store. All went away(the few of them) with pre-orderes and they have yet to stock them again but is due in March.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Mmmfishtacos said:
BreedinBull said:
Hopefully I get one before Infamous releases.

You could pre order the infamous bundle if that's the game you're waiting for. 

how? when? were? Is that bundle official? 

Around the Network

i'd really like to know the unit per month production rate of sony and microsoft right now. are they similar or does one company produce more than the other?

oldschoolfool said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
BreedinBull said:
Hopefully I get one before Infamous releases.

You could pre order the infamous bundle if that's the game you're waiting for. 

how? when? were? Is that bundle official? 

Yeah, there box are floating atound somewhere.  Maybe try your local game store? 

Dat demand, yo.

4 ≈ One

kivi95 said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:

Poland

Same. (in Israel, Estonia, and Finland).

Given that Sony needs to supply a large plethora of markets right now, with Japan coming up, means this will carry on for a while longer. Anticipation builds up pleasure (aka the later buyers will have a nicer library of games to go with )

I have never seen a PS4 here in Sweden in a store. All went away(the few of them) with pre-orderes and they have yet to stock them again but is due in March.

Hahah, yeah. Same in Helsinki at least.

Anedoctal evidence is anedoctal, even it's to prove that there's been a prolonged shortage in the USA market.

We have, like 10 mentions at Twitter in the last 5h... that's not very impressive.

https://twitter.com/search?q=best%20buy%20line&src=typd

Best Buy + PS4 results a littler more mentions. But less than 100 per hour.

https://twitter.com/search?q=best%20buy%20PS4&src=typd

This guy donsen't seem to had any problem getting one.

https://twitter.com/derickbailey/status/424997627105509376/photo/1

Many are people talking about the existence of lines, even if they didn't go to any store.They are mentioning the mentions.