By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lines At Best Buy for PS4 Today (In Stock in Stores so HURRY!)

Xen said:
lukeroux said:
I have yet to see a ps4 box in store...

Poland

Same. (in Israel, Estonia, and Finland).

Given that Sony needs to supply a large plethora of markets right now, with Japan coming up, means this will carry on for a while longer. Anticipation builds up pleasure (aka the later buyers will have a nicer library of games to go with )

You can add Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and Australia.

I'm starting to think Sony just add up the pre-orders and unfullfiled delivered at smallers countries to reach the 4,2mi mark.

Around the Network

In the netherlands, at the local Media Markt store, you cannot order a PS4 until next month :-O

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Max King of the Wild said:
insane

Were lines in your Target? 

Very surprised the demand is so high after the holidays.

Kratos said:
In the netherlands, at the local Media Markt store, you cannot order a PS4 until next month :-O

Media market still takes pre orders?  They just ship them here without taking pre orders....people are still rushing.. This week they expect big shipments...

Around the Network
pezus said:
Thing is, can we expect another 800-900k month in the US or what? Maybe a bit less since apparently they moved January stock to December to meet demand better. 600k+ would be mindblowing

This is the first batch BB receives in a month.
You think one day sale in one storefranchise (physical only) would have that impact?

GamechaserBE said:
Kratos said:

Media market still takes pre orders?  They just ship them here without taking pre orders....people are still rushing.. This week they expect big shipments...

Well I only went to one store (the Hague) but the guy said: You cannot order a PS4 until next month. 

Perhaps in other stores they do sell it without pre-ordering But the pre-order list was so huge that people who ordered before the end of august would receive a PS4, after that you had to wait

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

0815user said:
i'd really like to know the unit per month production rate of sony and microsoft right now. are they similar or does one company produce more than the other?

just got this from bonusround http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/93qcsf/bonus-round-who-won-the-holidays- around the 10 minute mark.

so 1.4 million ps4s and 1 millon xbox ones per month, good to know...

Dark_Feanor said:
Xen said:
lukeroux said:
I have yet to see a ps4 box in store...

Poland

Same. (in Israel, Estonia, and Finland).

Given that Sony needs to supply a large plethora of markets right now, with Japan coming up, means this will carry on for a while longer. Anticipation builds up pleasure (aka the later buyers will have a nicer library of games to go with )

You can add Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and Australia.

I'm starting to think Sony just add up the pre-orders and unfullfiled delivered at smallers countries to reach the 4,2mi mark.

Hah.

Would make for a nice few weeks of sales had that been the case, though of course it's a bit insane. Holland and not being to even order until next month is hilarious though, I must say.

darthdevidem01 said:
Really curious to see January NPD if these sellouts & huge demand still continue.

I'm so surprised there's still so much demand, the Wii was at least attracting a whole new market which can explain the unprecedented demand.

Same here.  The Wii was a device unlike anything the market had seen before, it was at a mass market price and, most importantly, it had a game that people were buying it for. 

The PS4 is mostly just a power evolution, is priced higher than that target $250-$299 range and has no games - current or announced - that are moving the console en masse.  The fact that it's selling out the way it is shows that Sony made the right moves for the gamers anxious for next gen.  If this kind of demand lasts throughout the year I will be truly impressed.