By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - For people who have played Final Fantasy VII...

Tagged games:

Would you buy a remake with graphics that rival Final Fantasy XIII and uses the voice actors from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?

Yes 75 75.00%

No 19 19.00%

I haven't played FFVII 5 5.00%

Total:99

Yes If they can manage to replicate the scale of the original game in the remake.

Around the Network

I'd buy it. Screw the haters!

Wright said:
pokoko said:

Besides, FF VII had an incoherent story and a main character made out of card-board. How would they get around those things in a way that doesn't leave the nostalgia-blinded screaming?

With him in the party, who cares about Cloud?

true story, one of the best characters in that game!

@OP I have played it, several times and i'd totally buy that remake.

FFVII with advent children graphics ? That would need 10 million sales and fans wouldn't even buy it because "Squeenix will mess up anyway"
Worst idea ever.
1.5 million sales worldwide, square goes bankrupt.

FFVII is best left alone. The fanboys keep clamoring for a remake but it's systems just won't work in todays day and age. A world map where your character is half the size of a city? Essentially, the game got away with a lot because of it's low res. It would cost a fortune to remake the game using using today's tech. I mean, you had airships that could fly around the whole world in real time not just select destinations like in FFX.

There's a good reason that design system basically died with PS1. Only Ni no kuni has revived it but that game's style doesn't expose expose it as much as a realistic looking game would. Only a Western dev would attempt something like FFVII in today's world.

At the end of the day, you'd have "fans" crying about decisions made on the remake (even something as simple as not liking Cloud's voice) because it can never be just a graphical upgrade. You all know FF "fans" are a finicky bunch. Best to leave the classics alone.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Let it go people...

Just let...

it....

go.

Don't let go.

Tifa will kick your ass.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Can't wait for SE to port FF7 to Mobile... You know it will happen... Its just a matter of time..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)