By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - For people who have played Final Fantasy VII...

Tagged games:

Would you buy a remake with graphics that rival Final Fantasy XIII and uses the voice actors from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?

Yes 75 75.00%

No 19 19.00%

I haven't played FFVII 5 5.00%

Total:99

I think I would

BTW this thread made me want to replay it it's amazing

Around the Network

I don't want a remake, I want a full fledge sequel, or just create a only story for Cloud just to revive Aerith/Aeris , she didn't need to die :'(, sh#$it damn memories!!!!

Yeah I'd buy it but please no voice acting.

A lot of the charm of these old games is in them having no voice acting...adding voice acting in will make the otherwise fine dialogue seem awful.

Some things are better read than heard.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Final Fantasy is my all time favorite series ever. But I refuse to give Square Enix my money for screwing that all up so no

I'd buy it. However I would like them to keep the battle system the same if they did remake it. Its the only battle system with a wait bar that I liked (6 did it well too, 8 & 9 had waayyy too slow battle systems imo)

Around the Network

Hell yes. I'll buy two copies. One to get autographed, and one to play.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
StarOcean said:
I'd buy it. However I would like them to keep the battle system the same if they did remake it. Its the only battle system with a wait bar that I liked (6 did it well too, 8 & 9 had waayyy too slow battle systems imo)

Yeah 20 years or so ago I could handle those slow battle systems, after Grandia 2 and especially after FFXIII. Hell nah, I tried to replay 6 and made it to the Ghost Train with Sabin and Shadow...Cyans in there also, and just became to bored, put it down...and that's a fun scene. Tediousness kills me now that I'm in my 30's, I don't have the hours to grind away like I did when I was 11-14 any longer. FFIV I can speed run fairly well through...FF1 and 6 are just to slow and drawn out. Don't get me wrong I could do it all over again, but then I do and it drags so slowly my mind ache's with boredom. I know every command to pull and when to do it, and there's no excitement or surprise in doing it over and over.

They just need to keep creating fresh idea's, and people need to let these old games probably go unless there are million(s) that really do autentically want it and will buy it imho, but knowing that might prove to difficult and risky. So create new series or do a sequel to an older well liked FF is what I'd prefer...I think.

Yes and no, Yes because it's FFVII, not because it'll be rubbish, because gameplay and feel would be different. If they do a remake they should do graphics only but the graphics should just be an inprovement on the already existing game, so still pre-rendered scenes Cloud walks around in fixed cameras' No 3rd person view at all. FMVs must be exactly the same just modern. A world map. No voices what so ever, still just text to read (you can get a lot more narrative in text boxes than you can voices which take up disc space).

Hmm, pie.

Id take the voice actors in advent children, They were great! SE has alot to prove before I would let them remake FF7....If FF15 is a success then I would probably be okay with them remaking 7.

Viltgance said:
Final Fantasy is my all time favorite series ever. But I refuse to give Square Enix my money for screwing that all up so no

And what if they redeem themselves?