By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the hell does the Internet have a vendetta against Nintendo?

Nintendo stocks jump 20%, no one cares, Nintendo announces high 3DS sales, no one cares, WiiU has highest selling month in USA, no one cares, Nintendo becomes bigger than all of Sony,no one cares, but when Nintendo slashes predictions, stocks fall, announce that they EXPECT a 250m loss even though their competitors lose a lot more and more frequently, it makes headlines.

what is the root of all this bias against Nintendo? Is there a particular reason like Nintendo not paying for positive press or is it just the cool thing to do?

Around the Network

It's the cool thing to do. On a side note, I love the Smash Bros. gif.

wow... because all your points are wrong

I think it's just the cool thing to do. I personally have no problem with the big N

Bad is always going to be more interesting than good. It's why every TV show has something go wrong. And not have series where people are in love each other and nothing bad ever happens. It be like say the Mets winning every single game on baseball for the next 100 years. All teams would quit and people would not care after a point.

Around the Network

Dude an N64 crushed my cat, its now my soul purpose to destroy Nintendo and all who love them

Should be a good harvest this year. The corn will be nice and ripe.

If people mention  Nintendo doing badly then they are not biased.. If people mention the fact that the Wii U had the best NPD despite having nothing, but 3  Mario games ( one being DLC and one of the other being a year old game) then they are damage controlling.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

MohammadBadir said:

Nintendo stocks jump 20%, no one cares, Nintendo announces high 3DS sales, no one cares, WiiU has highest selling month in USA, no one cares, Nintendo becomes bigger than all of Sony,no one cares, but when Nintendo slashes predictions, stocks fall, announce that they EXPECT a 250m loss even though their competitors lose a lot more and more frequently, it makes headlines.

what is the root of all this bias against Nintendo? Is there a particular reason like Nintendo not paying for positive press or is it just the cool thing to do?

Let me give you a little hint.

Nintendo only make vidya.

So when said vidya fails to sell, theres nothing to stop the boat sinking.

It's not wrong to post negative news. It's kinda weird that when Nintendo does badly, we get lots of articles about it and 10+ threads about it here. But it's not wrong!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"