By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS Plus Worth it, Suggestion?

On PS4 it's worth it if you want to play online. On PS3 it's worth it if you like the deals and the games offered.

Around the Network

best subscription I took in my life

I suppose it depends how much you like to play games.
If you play lots of games then definitely subscribe.
But if you don't play games very much at all, then you might be more happy spending your money on the one game you'd want to play the most.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

add up the games over the past year or 3 months that you might be interested in (discounts included) and see if the value is greater than the cost of a subscription for that month. I know for me it has been more than worth it (I've probably gotten about $250-300of games I'm interested in after a year and a half of subscribing so definitely worth it)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Subscribed for a month yesterday in order to get the 14 for '14 PS plus discounts.
The amount of stuff I got with it is quite... staggering. I mean... ICO, SotC, DmC, Binary Domain, Uncharted 3, Bioshock Infinite... all that for a month and $10. Not a fan or too interested in the latter two, but deary me, that is huge value.

And let's not mention ALL the other discounts.

Considering to subscribe for a year, now.

To answer your question, it is absolutely worth it!

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
ganoncrotch said:

If you have a Vita you'll get access to a lot of cool games too... but you'll wanna keep space in mind with psn+ on the Vita, there are a few games on the Vita which are 3+gb downloads and if you just have a 1/2/4 gb stick you really wont be getting any use out of it, while it's a great service giving you free games... having to pay around 60-80euros for a 32gb stick so you can actually get your "free games" really hurts the vitas psn+ if you ask me.

I'm doing fine with my 4GB card that I got with the Vita. Ofcourse I thought about upgrading, but playing through games, uploading the save games to the cloud save and deleting finished games works pretty well.

I rather just have the games on the system, I even have a 16gb stick for my psp just for its games and 16gb now in the vita so I can keep the majority of my stuff on it, got a spare 8gb vita card too tho.

I just have 24mbps internet here so I can't really casually just delete a 3gb file and redownload it the next time I want to play it again, just too time consuming compared to just having the files on the psv all the time.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Yes, although, like many others here, I recommend a full year membership. The only real drawbacks are the fact that you'll have TOO many games to play (a good problem to have) and that you'll lose the games once the subscription ends. But, if you discover a game you really love and can't live without, you can always shell out a little more to buy a hard copy.

you should especially right now borderlands 2 dmc devil may cry bioshock infinite lbp 2 lbp karting and if you have a vita gravity rush uncharted golden abyss

It's worth it, I have brought far fewer games since I've been a ps+ member.

If you have a PS3 or Vita then definitely, so many great free games in the last year. If you only have a PS4 then not a lot of worth in it so far, unless you play online.