By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS Plus Worth it, Suggestion?

YES!

Around the Network

There is just no doubt about how great ps plus is. Your gonna hate your harddrive though :D

I'll get ps+ when my ps4 comes monday. Then i'll have it for Vita too.

Playing Don't Starve right now, just took a quick break to check the boards.

I played the hell out of Resogun at the PS4 launch. Now I have DMC and Bioshock for free on PS3, and Crysis and Walking Dead Season one on Vita for a total of $10.

This last year alone I played Spec ops, Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs, Little Big Planet 2, Little Big Planet Karting, and so much more. Plus all the rediculous disconts, $40 games for $5 (Crysis 3, Batman AA), and a lot more. Seriously. I almost feel bad taking so many discounts and fre games.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Suke said:

I'm thinking about subscribing to a 3 month PS Plus Subscription. Is it worth it?

1 thing no one has asked you yet... What for? If you have a Ps3 you'll get a ton of great games handed to you, if you have a backlogue tho they'll just go into it and make it worse and worse and most likely they'll give you more games than you'll ever get around to playing + you need to stay subbed to keep the games, so if you sub, get a load of games, don't play them right away, you're going to need to keep subbed so you'll keep your library for when you do catch up through your backlog.

If you have a Vita you'll get access to a lot of cool games too... but you'll wanna keep space in mind with psn+ on the Vita, there are a few games on the Vita which are 3+gb downloads and if you just have a 1/2/4 gb stick you really wont be getting any use out of it, while it's a great service giving you free games... having to pay around 60-80euros for a 32gb stick so you can actually get your "free games" really hurts the vitas psn+ if you ask me.

If you have a ps4 get it for online play... unless you have no desire to be teabagged online in CoD by people of an age that would have you arrested immediately if they were doing it to you IRL and you would be on another registered list.... and it wouldn't be a playstation registered list, if you know what I mean!

Should be noted that if you have all 3 devices you get access to psn+ on everything as long as it's all using the one psnid it means basically if you got a ps3+psvita it's an absolute mountain of games to play, you'll pretty much never have to buy a game at retail again with all the stuff you get.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Definitely! You get to play so many free and recent games while subscribed so its worth it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Best service you can sign to in gaming right now.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ganoncrotch said:

If you have a Vita you'll get access to a lot of cool games too... but you'll wanna keep space in mind with psn+ on the Vita, there are a few games on the Vita which are 3+gb downloads and if you just have a 1/2/4 gb stick you really wont be getting any use out of it, while it's a great service giving you free games... having to pay around 60-80euros for a 32gb stick so you can actually get your "free games" really hurts the vitas psn+ if you ask me.

I'm doing fine with my 4GB card that I got with the Vita. Ofcourse I thought about upgrading, but playing through games, uploading the save games to the cloud save and deleting finished games works pretty well.

Yes. But go for the year long sub if ya can. PS+ is worth every penny.

Its more than worth it. I went without PS+ for like a year when it started, but when I finally subscribed to it I don't ever want to go on without it. Its a great way to farm trophies too because you get free games on vita, ps3, and ps4. (as long as you're subscribed)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5