By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Overhyped???

Chris Hu said:
Boutros said:
Chris Hu said:
Boutros said:
It looks so EPIC!! Honestly the PS4 is taking a bit hit from this.

And this game could be pretty huge in Japan if marketed well!

Doubt it Japanese aren't that much into FPS.

Call of Duty is selling about half a million each year on PS360. That's more than Gundam games..

That's a lot.

Coupled with giants robots Titanfall has a lot of potientiel if marketed right.

I will be surprises if it sells over 100K on the 360 and X1 combined in Japan.

How much to japanesse play games on PC? Just curious.

Around the Network

Its COD with mechs. They just beefed it up and made it faster paced with jetpacks. The COD fans will come flocking. The hype is legitimate. Some people just can't understand why popular things are popular. Its simple for people to get the hang of and even Adam Sessler said he even posed a threat in it while at the same time being extremely fun. Its very easy to explain how a game like this stole Destiny's thunder as the best FPS at E3 and every other conference since. Seven months was all the needed and the hype is purely based on multiplayer. If you guys don't get it you never will.

http://vimeo.com/84446805 get to see the ai in action at about 1:40. Probably some of the worst ai I've ever seen in a video game since Shadow Fall :^)

Without more PR nonsense about MUH HEART CANT TAKE THE ACTION why can't the ai units be player controlled and the amount of titans on the map at the same time be limited?

EA sucks in general, I expect them to drop the ball on this game (screwing Respawn) and disappoint folks one way or another.

The game seems cool. I'm more excited about Destiny but I'm sure Titanfall will be a hell of fun.

BTW I think there are low hype for it.

PS. The graphics are terrible but the gameplay is great.

Around the Network

Ok, my opinions from the captured footage:

Pros:
Looks beautiful and framerate kept up well, although video quality was poor so couldn't tell completely.
Gameplay looks like tried and tested CoD game so that should keep the cod crowd happy.

Con's:
As mentioned, when the AI bots appeared, they just looked plain silly and about 5 of them didn't even react when the player was right in front of them and shooting.
Titan v Titan fighting didn't look original or spectacular.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

What plataform is running this footage? For me it is look weak in graphics terms but can be the offscreen cam too.

Lol NOPE!! ;)

ethomaz said:

The game seems cool. I'm more excited about Destiny but I'm sure Titanfall will be a hell of fun.

BTW I think there are low hype for it.

PS. The graphics are terrible but the gameplay is great.

Lol ;)

I agree with you. I see nothing of note.

Its EA pressure on the media as usual.

Full price, no single player... yeah i really dont see what the fuss is about. You can run in walls and drop on some mechs. 60 bucks for that! Yeah... i dont get it.