By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall Overhyped???

The game defenitely looks good but not enough to make me spend $500+ to play the game. I rather spend it on the cheaper one (Xbox 360).

Around the Network

too early to judge

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't think its over hyped, I think what people dont realize is that it is the next COD and that eventually it will become multi plat on its next iteration, unless ms trows a ton of money at respawn to keep it exclusive

askel50 said:
The fact that it's a respawn game and not some capcom outsourced TPS could be a key factor to explain the hype, but anyway titanfall looks like a lot of fun, only drawback for me is the lack of a campaign, but for people that like online multiplayer the game looks great.

Titanfall has a campaign.  Yes, your campaign is an online multiplayer experience, but there is still a campaign.  It was even shown in the second Titanfall trailer.

Perhaps a little overhyped but that comes as a bonus when hands-on impressions have been so good. Everyone who tried it is praising it. That must mean something.

It's a 95% Meta incoming and will be absolutely huge. Between all three versions it should reach 10 million in 2014 (and with the sequel likely being on PS4 it will grow to the extent of going head to head with COD in popularity).

Also the timing of release couldn't be more perfect by releasing so close after the disappointments with Call of Duty Ghosts, Battelfield 4 and Halo on a decline.

Around the Network

Here's some new footage:

http://www.gamechup.com/titanfall-closed-alpha-gameplay-video-emerges-looks-stunning/

The PS5 Exists. 

You guys should just wait to play the game before saying it is overhyped.. This game is create by respawn.. that is why I am giving it the benefit of the doubt.. we will see.

Praise the One.

Hmmm, this is going to sell well. But it need good reviews or the hype loses a lot of strengh

DirtyP2002 said:

The hardest PS fanboy I know in something called "RL" played it already at GamesCom... And even he said that Titanfall is the best FPS he has played in years.

I am hyped and got it on preorder, but won't play much, because I am about to be a father in 3 weeks.

Congratulations, man! That's awesome  

@OP: I think it's a little overhyped, but fans and critics seem to genuinely love what they've seen/played.

Personally, I'm excited to see what it's all about, but I understand if others are suffering from shooter fatigue.

Personally I don't see it. It's online only (meh) and just a shooter... nothing makes me feel this is anything special.

*But* seeing the queues at Eurogamer, did make me think that there is a lot of player hype rather than just press hype.

*But2*.. I do feel that the press have taken this game as their tentpole "MassivePr" game. everything i read from the press is generally OTT on this game, like its the second coming.

Perhaps the game is that good, but I do feel sometimes the press like jumping on bandwagons... you know its either massively positive or massively negative. After last years PR blunders with the console launches.. not sure I care when PR sites are hyping stuff up anyway anymore.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!