By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just needs to go third party on consoles only

Soundwave said:
oniyide said:
Lenny93 said:
Metallicube said:
drake4 said:

They need to just go thirdparty on consoles, they just don't have the core market that sony and microsoft, they can't compete and nintendo knows that and thats why they made the wii, and it was a huge success but thats not happening again the blue ocean market has moved on, they are stuck with out a market and no third party support, chances of being succesful are nearly impossible, the console is really hurting the company, they better focusing on handhelds and making x1 and ps4 games.

As I've harped on a million times, it was not the MARKET that moved on.. It was NINTENDO that moved from them. The market is always there. Think about it, how could a mass of 80 million-or-so, all somehow collectively decide to move on and change their tastes, all at once? Doesn't make sense.. What DOES make sense is that THEY were the ones who were abandoned by Nintendo. For it was NINTENDO that oddly decided regress back to hardcore Gamecube style games with the Wii U, and throw a much more complex and intimidating controller than the Wiimote at them.. Even the Wii sequels they are releasing count as "core" type games now, as they are merely sequels and seek to bring in an audience that already exists. NINTENDO were the ones who decided to swim back into the red ocean, as they did with N64, Gamecube, and (somewhat) SNES. And as history has taught us, Red Ocean Nintendo never wins..

People always like to say how Nintendo is "doomed." Well, I would say that it is not Nintendo that is doomed.. it is "Red Ocean" version of Nintendo that is doomed. Blue Ocean Nintendo (NES/Wii) thrives, and dominates. This is the Nintendo people want to see, but they aren't getting the games that they want.. I'm talking about the mass market audience, who Nintendo abandoned after the NES, and again after the Wii. These people ARE still there, and they want quality games. REAL games, not that budget junk that populates smart phones.

Nintendo simply needs to return to their arcade roots (as they did with the Wii). The simple to learn-tough to master kinds of games that made both the NES and the Wii such a smash hit.. Nintendo could absolutely dominate yet again, if only they would wisen up and realize this.. The scary thing is, I think they KNOW this, but they REFUSE to do it, as Nintendo tends to be a stubborn kind of company that insists on making the kinds of games THEY want to make. Unfourtunately, the kinds of games they want to make often are not the games that people want to play, and vice versa..

Nintendo going third party is NO solution, unless your solution happens to be to kill the comapny.

You get it. This is the reason the Wii U has failed to take off. The reason why the Wii and DS were such huge successes was because of games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Nintendogs and Brain training. The wii mote and touch screen allowed for more intuitive control that appealed to the casual market. Nintendo abandoning the blue market strategy is the stupidest things they have done, Gameboy Advance and Gamecube are examples of what sales numbers nintendo should expect without appealing to casual gamers and 3ds and Wii U seemed headed there.

the Wii U has those games you mentioned and if they dont they are getting them soon...so whats Wii u's problem then?

You just imagined all these games. They're not real. Toy poodle is totally hardcore. 

of course!!! I have to stop smoking this good ish!!! (this is fun)

Around the Network
PenguinZ said:
drake4 said:
PenguinZ said:
drake4 said:
PenguinZ said:

This idea makes no sense whatsoever. There is no compelling argument that exists in this thread or in general for what's being suggested.

If Nintendo should go third party, then Sony and Microsoft should have gone third party years ago.

ps4 and x1 are selling great, much better then wiiu, and have full third party support, while every third pary is dropping the wiiu. if sony or x1 was in the same position i would also recommend for them to go thirdparty, it's selling like a dead console and third party's ignore you, its time to consider something else.

Well then I guess you would've have been one of the ones to suggest that Sony go third party after their blunder with the PS3... 

no i wasn't .third party support was always strong on ps3, it was pretty obvious the price was hurting the ps3, it was an easy fix, but a painful one for sony, cause of the losses, what's the fix for wiiu to start taking off, price it's already cheap, third party games don't sell, so third party's have givin up, i can't think of anything that can save the wiiu.

Yup, the fact that the Wii U failed should push Nintendo to abandon all the money they could make in the future to go third party to make smaller revenue... Do you even understand how much potential money and revenue a company loses going from a console maker to third party... I don't think you do. This is something that a company would do as a last resort... When they can no longer sustain themselves. Nintendo has had a horrible time with the Wii U, and it has been a massive failure for them, but they have the cash in the bank to build their future. It is not enough for them to give up that potential revenue.

Can you imagine how much money Nintendo would have lost if they went third party after the GameCube? I am sure you're ringing the same tune as people did during the GameCube era. I don't see anything that would heavily swing the fate of the Wii U at the moment, but that doesn't instantly doom their future.

nintendo changed there whole strategy after the gamecube, they didn't invest in the hardware at all, they released a repackaged gamecube with more ram, and a wii mote, as to say if we fail at least we didn't lose that much, but they hit the lottery with motion controls, what the chances of that happening again with techology being so advanced right now compared to 2006. they can try, but just look how much damage the wiiu has caused them.

oniyide said:
Lenny93 said:
Metallicube said:
drake4 said:

They need to just go thirdparty on consoles, they just don't have the core market that sony and microsoft, they can't compete and nintendo knows that and thats why they made the wii, and it was a huge success but thats not happening again the blue ocean market has moved on, they are stuck with out a market and no third party support, chances of being succesful are nearly impossible, the console is really hurting the company, they better focusing on handhelds and making x1 and ps4 games.

As I've harped on a million times, it was not the MARKET that moved on.. It was NINTENDO that moved from them. The market is always there. Think about it, how could a mass of 80 million-or-so, all somehow collectively decide to move on and change their tastes, all at once? Doesn't make sense.. What DOES make sense is that THEY were the ones who were abandoned by Nintendo. For it was NINTENDO that oddly decided regress back to hardcore Gamecube style games with the Wii U, and throw a much more complex and intimidating controller than the Wiimote at them.. Even the Wii sequels they are releasing count as "core" type games now, as they are merely sequels and seek to bring in an audience that already exists. NINTENDO were the ones who decided to swim back into the red ocean, as they did with N64, Gamecube, and (somewhat) SNES. And as history has taught us, Red Ocean Nintendo never wins..

People always like to say how Nintendo is "doomed." Well, I would say that it is not Nintendo that is doomed.. it is "Red Ocean" version of Nintendo that is doomed. Blue Ocean Nintendo (NES/Wii) thrives, and dominates. This is the Nintendo people want to see, but they aren't getting the games that they want.. I'm talking about the mass market audience, who Nintendo abandoned after the NES, and again after the Wii. These people ARE still there, and they want quality games. REAL games, not that budget junk that populates smart phones.

Nintendo simply needs to return to their arcade roots (as they did with the Wii). The simple to learn-tough to master kinds of games that made both the NES and the Wii such a smash hit.. Nintendo could absolutely dominate yet again, if only they would wisen up and realize this.. The scary thing is, I think they KNOW this, but they REFUSE to do it, as Nintendo tends to be a stubborn kind of company that insists on making the kinds of games THEY want to make. Unfourtunately, the kinds of games they want to make often are not the games that people want to play, and vice versa..

Nintendo going third party is NO solution, unless your solution happens to be to kill the comapny.

You get it. This is the reason the Wii U has failed to take off. The reason why the Wii and DS were such huge successes was because of games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Nintendogs and Brain training. The wii mote and touch screen allowed for more intuitive control that appealed to the casual market. Nintendo abandoning the blue market strategy is the stupidest things they have done, Gameboy Advance and Gamecube are examples of what sales numbers nintendo should expect without appealing to casual gamers and 3ds and Wii U seemed headed there.

the Wii U has those games you mentioned and if they dont they are getting them soon...so whats Wii u's problem then?

Firstly Nintendo hasn't marketed them effectively. Secondly they aren't original anymore (I know they weren't totally original to begin with), so they will not have the impact they once did, they need games that are equivalent to those games when they were initially released, not just sequels. If sequels were enough to maintain or increase units sold, the N64 would have sold as much as the SNES.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Lenny93 said:
oniyide said:
Lenny93 said:
Metallicube said:
drake4 said:

Firstly Nintendo hasn't marketed them effectively. Secondly they aren't original anymore (I know they weren't totally original to begin with), so they will not have the impact they once did, they need games that are equivalent to those games when they were initially released, not just sequels. If sequels were enough to maintain or increase units sold, the N64 would have sold as much as the SNES.

you forgot one major point, the super nes has great third party support, the N64 was pretty bad, thats why n64 never reached snes sales.

Lenny93 said:
oniyide said:
Lenny93 said:
Metallicube said:
drake4 said:

dude, come on. You think its easy to just make something on the leve of Wii Sports EVERY time? If Ninty could do that, trust they would. They are not CAPABLE of it, nobody is.

Around the Network

Needs?!

Not at all. They still have their handheld market. While not as big as the home market one, its still considerable.

drake4 said:
Lenny93 said:
oniyide said:
Lenny93 said:
Metallicube said:
drake4 said:

you forgot one major point, the super nes has great third party support, the N64 was pretty bad, thats why n64 never reached snes sales.

The gamecube sales compared to the N64 is another example or the gameboy advance compared to the original gameboy. 

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Nem said:
Needs?!

Not at all. They still have their handheld market. While not as big as the home market one, its still considerable.

they have the handheld market but why not make tons of money selling ps4/x1 software.

drake4 said:
Nem said:
Needs?!

they have the handheld market but why not make tons of money selling ps4/x1 software.

Because its a riskier business and because it ruins the diferentiating factor of their handheld gaming device (nintendo games).

Nem said:
drake4 said:
Nem said:
Needs?!

Because its a riskier business and because it ruins the diferentiating factor of their handheld gaming device (nintendo games).

being thirdparty is not a riskier business, and handheld and console is a totally different market, a handheld gamers just doesn't care about console gaming, othere wise n64, GC and wiiu would all be selling amazing. its 2 seperate markets, they have nothing to do with each othere.