By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can a Wii U redesign or rebrand help Nintendo?

Can a new Wii U SKU help sell more units?

Yes! 102 40.48%

No! 74 29.37%

Maybe? 75 29.76%

Total:251

Here's one that could possibly help it in late 2014/ early 2015.

The all new Wii U Pro Set. Wii tailored it for U. With it's glossy, yet sleek silver finish, 250GB of HDD, and games you cant get anywhere else, for just $299.99. 

Around the Network

If it cost 199 sure but 300 no.

For $199.99 you can get this.

The all new, Wii U Starter Set. With a nice, white finish, 8GB of flash memory, and the Wii U Pro Controller, for just $199.99. Made just for BeElite.

They could come out with a slimmer design (system and controller) and larger hdd as you suggested but rename the damn console as Wii 2. They could do this for E3 and then John Q public and family will be like "Hey guys, Nintendo has a new console let's go  buy it" instead of "I'm not paying $300 for an add on". This is what I dream about happening!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I wish my wii came with a normal controller, as i refuse to pay extra for one.

Around the Network

Smash Bros and Kart 8 bundles with added pro controllers are the better bets, honestly. What kept the GameCube afloat, and what differentiates Nintendo from the competition still, is a focus on local multiplayer experiences that you simply can't get anywhere else.

I've noticed a fair bit of doubt as to whether either title will do anything to make a difference, but both are uniquely positioned in the hearts and minds of gamers, and more importantly, while both have iterations available on 3DS, here we see a more compelling reason to buy a Wii U for these games because local multiplayer is, in the West anyway, far more of a console-oriented experience.

So those two games are where they should go all out.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BeElite said:

On the Wii? The Wii Classic Controller sells for $10 - $20.

Right now they need to pretty much halt all advertising, and then launch an SKU with:

-$200 cost
-64GB+ storage
-No tablet, just a controller
-SSB
-MASSIVE advertising push

If they do this I could see them at least making back some of that market-share...

TheLegendaryWolf said:
BeElite said:

On the Wii? The Wii Classic Controller sells for $10 - $20.

meant wiiu

its 50 after taxes.

Captain_Tom said:
Right now they need to pretty much halt all advertising, and then launch an SKU with:

-$200 cost
-64GB+ storage
-No tablet, just a controller
-SSB
-MASSIVE advertising push

If they do this I could see them at least making back some of that market-share...

-SSB? Bundled with Super Smash Bros? For $199.99? 64 GB not 32 GB? More likely to be $279.99.  Expect a Wii U Basic model  with the Gamepad at $229.99, or for your price, the one I recommended for BeElite.