By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will save Nintendo in Europe?

I'm just kinda curious how Europe really wasn't into Nintendo last gen?

Europe was the no.1 market for the DS I believe, trumping both Japan and North America and the Wii was a monster seller there.

Nintendo simply mismanaged their hardware transitions and got blind sighted by the smartphone revolution. 

Around the Network

You mean the UK. Nintendo is doing decently in  France, Germany and the rest of Europe

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Im from the UK and more than happy with my Wii U, I actually had both xbox and xbox 360 and Wii all last gen but decided this gen for me I was only having Nintendo ( Wii U ) In my livingroom and tbh I couldnt be happier. I dont think a lot of people over here have really looked Into the Wii U as compared to the Wii Its a drastic Improvement overall. More the fool them I say.

Invest in some new IP's.

Activision gets blasted for it's annual Call of Duty, but some loyalists somehow think it's allright for Nintendo to release 2 Mario games per year, on average, across their different platforms.

New games and new IP's will get them out of this downward spiral.

Honestly.......Going 2nd Party with Sony and Msoft and just cease HW production onLy in EU.

Around the Network

Im from uk mate and I have a wii u and ps3. Had all major consoles though except ps4 and x1. It just aint cool to own nintendo over here.everyone playing fifa and cod. People ask me why I own a wii u lol

rik said:
 I have a wii u and ps3.

Best combo I reckon ;)

HighlandRainbow said:

Im from the UK and more than happy with my Wii U, I actually had both xbox and xbox 360 and Wii all last gen but decided this gen for me I was only having Nintendo ( Wii U ) In my livingroom and tbh I couldnt be happier. I dont think a lot of people over here have really looked Into the Wii U as compared to the Wii Its a drastic Improvement overall. More the fool them I say.

Would you say then that the issue is with advertisement?

I think, not having FIFA or PES could hurt the market in Europe, but I am not sure because I don't live there. I know than in South America is hurting it.

I doubt the Wii U can be saved there. The 3DS is doing decent, at least hardware wise.

Im from the netherlands.

I saw 2 commercials on tv for the Wii u. No promotion. And we are rational. Wii u is for people with feelings.