By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

Oh god, creamsugar always makes such a game out of giving information nobody cares about before getting to the interesting stuff. So Just Dance sold 800k on the Wii, that's really what we're all dying to know.

Around the Network

Meanwhile the only next gen console with worthwhile games couldn't even outsell the PS3. I'm assuming NA is more of a Mario Kart region.

I think retailers in North America are going to start clearing out Vita's shelf space soon.

95k for Vita? Holy shit

Also, lol at all the people who said the Wii U would be overtracked Pezus I'm looking at you

Nintendo and PC gamer

Boutros said:
the_dengle said:
Boutros said:

3,170,000 includes digital though.

Does it matter? If X/Y are overtracked by 100k in the US LTD (being generous), that's like 3% error? Who cares?

You know how much Pokémon X/Y sold digitally?

It's not in the top 20 all software chart in the US (FE: Awakening is at number 18), so I feel pretty confident placing the maximum possible digital sales for X/Y at or around 100k apiece.

Around the Network

I know that this is a NPD thread, but here are official Nintendo numbers in 2013 in France:

Nintendo of France GM Philippe Lavoue, has shared some 2013 sales numbers for Pokemon X & Y, Wii U, 3DS, 3DS, and Super Mario 3D World.

“3DS: 1 million+ (64% plus year over year) YTD (over the expectations)”
2DS: 180k
Pokemon X and Y: 584k YTD
The Wii U sold 178k in 2013 in France.
3D World: 98k YTD

http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/20140116.CHA9317/pourquoi-nintendo-pense-faire-mieux-que-sony-et-microsoft.html

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

If those Wii U numbers are right, Nintendo had a decent holiday. Of course, just like Japan, I expect it to nosedive in January. In fact, January is going to be a very interesting/telling month for all consoles.

Ryuu96 said:

What I'm trying to say though is does the 400k include digital sales off every game on the XBL Store? Crimson Dragon, Zoo Tycoon, Spartan Assault, Max, Forza, Ryse, killer Instinct Etc. lifetime in US or does it only track the digital sales off Forza, Ryse and Dead Rising 3?

Btw thanks for answering =P

All games lifetime in US.

And the 1.5m retail for exclusive have 86k for the others two retail exclusives: Zoo Tycoon and Fighter Within.

Holy hell at them Vita numbers!

osed125 said:

95k for Vita? Holy shit

Also, lol at all the people who said the Wii U would be overtracked Pezus I'm looking at you

he usses the same tracking software that ethomaz uses.

VGBUTTS.