By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who dislikes Nintendo?

I game primarily on Sony consoles, so what's happening to other systems should not be of much concern to me. Especially in regards to Nintendo who gets virtually no third party support and therefore has no influence on what third parties provide for my console of choice. Regardless, Nintendo's existence still bothers me. Like a lot. And judging from the many posts and threads I've read over the past year, I believe that I am not alone. But I wonder how many people are just like me. You know, this drive that you have to post something negative about Nintendo, even though you have no interest in their products as a gamer and their existence doesn't affect you in any way when you think about it. Whether I like it or not, that drive has lead to the culmination of this thread. 

Nintendo may have been a big name once upon a time, but nowadays they are pretty much irrelevant to the video games market. I firmly believe that Nintendo got lucky with the Wii. I am happy to see that their strategy of selling cheap hardware at a huge profit didn't pay off again with the Wii U. It also warms my heart that people finally got sick of the constant rehashes and I can't wait for Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to come out and fail just like the rest of the unimaginative stuff that Nintendo has put out. Nintendo fans are partly to blame with such low expectations of Nintendo's hardware and software, and that they are more than happy buying whatever Nintendo decides to release. I know I will be there once the time has come to laugh into the faces of Nintendo fans.

So let's come clean, everyone. Who else feels this way? If we don't make our voices heard, then Nintendo will never get the message. It's time we all raise the bar of what we expect; gamers have to unite and speak up to right what is wrong in the world.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Joke threads don't suit you

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Joke threads don't suit you

Or is he being super serious?

Also Kirby you ruined it, why didn't you at least have twenty or so nintendo fans and fourty or so Sony fans post before pointing that out.

I own Nintendo consoles and like a lot of games on the consoles, but I dislike Nintendo as a company. Most people here probably know that though.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5971231

Around the Network

I believe that there are a number of people on this site who agree with you, but I'm not one of them. Some people like myself enjoy Nintendo's franchises (Zelda, Mario, etc.) and are glad they exist. And, I am perfectly happy with the Wii U, which you are content to dismiss as cheap hardware. Every Halloween I still see kids dressed in Super Mario costumes, and I'm glad that there is at least one platform that caters/leans towards them rather than thrusting them into banging hookers and doing drivebys on police officers in Grand Theft Auto. But at 37 years old myself, I still enjoy their offerings. I also have Sony/Microsoft consoles and competition doesn't irk me. So I find it funny that people say thank god Sony/Microsoft entered video games because competition means better games for everyone, blah, blah, blah. And then turn around and wish Nintendo would leave the market so that gamers would be left with 2 consoles who cater to the EXACT same audience.

Troll, and if not, the same can be said to 3rd parties.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Might be worth keeping an eye over here...

Signature goes here!

I like nintendo games but dislike the company.
I find some of the things they've said about there view of games not im agreement with mine :(

D: D: D: