By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who dislikes Nintendo?

theprof00 said:
These kinds of threads just go to show how out of touch the majority of this site's users are. I didn't believe it at first from the xbox fans, but I guess it's true about Sony gamers, they just want everyone else to fail, and it makes no difference how amazing the competition's innovations are, like kinect or the wiiU pad....they just hate...and they even admit how irrational this hate is yet they keep hating.
Sony fans are the real problem with this site, I recommend we make a rule to disband the Playstation official thread. Clearly there is way too much groupthink going on in that little fenced off world.

My brain hurts.... sarcasm overload. 

Around the Network

theprof00 said:
These kinds of threads just go to show how out of touch the majority of this site's users are. I didn't believe it at first from the xbox fans, but I guess it's true about Sony gamers, they just want everyone else to fail, and it makes no difference how amazing the competition's innovations are, like kinect or the wiiU pad....they just hate...and they even admit how irrational this hate is yet they keep hating.
Sony fans are the real problem with this site, I recommend we make a rule to disband the Playstation official thread. Clearly there is way too much groupthink going on in that little fenced off world.

Sony FANBOYS you mean? They're the worst of the gamers, but almost every gamer has a little ignorance or hate inside themselves...

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I'm not sure what to say.................... or if I should even say anything.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeahhhhh let's see how this plays out

I sold my Wii and didn't buy a Wii U. But, I find it sad that fanboys of any console put so much hate towards another console, it shows true immaturity, selfishness and a lack of understanding of competition and business. The truly amusing part though is that if he got his wish and Nintendo left then he would be worse off for it as Sony would have one less driver to compete for mindshare with. The industry and consumers are better off having healthy competition and the difference in Nintendo compared to Sony and MS is a hugely positive influence on both of them whether you like their consoles or not.

Around the Network
Xen said:
I'm not sure what to say.................... or if I should even say anything.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeahhhhh let's see how this plays out

I don't mind admitting it.  I have no problem telling people I don't like Nintendo.  Doesn't mean I can't purchase their systems. 

Although the mindset of some people.  If you don't like a company you're automatically biased over them and won't give their games a chance, etc, etc, stuff like that.

So... what you are essentially saying is that instead of Nintendo doing what it does best, they should stop making those kinds of games and go the Capcom's route and not make any games that Nintendo fans like and try to appeal to an audience that don't even like their Company?

Sigh, and you had such a good avatar too

I almost feel like threads like this is a sign of Jealousy for some reason... If you don't like Nintendo, why even  talk about them? Just Ignore them just like how I ignore most of the MS threads... Also... The 3ds is selling well but you didn't include that...

This whole thread is like clickbait

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have nothing against Nintendo. I used to be a Nintendo fankid, after all. I still remember having hard feelings against Sony when they first launched the Playstation. I miss the Zelda and Metroid franchises. I'm not a fan of platformers in general, though, which pretty much caps the appeal Nintendo has for me from a gaming standpoint.

There is a segment of the Nintendo fanbase that I really, really dislike. They make it harder to want a Nintendo product sometimes, though that's just until I see a game I want.

outlawauron said:

Nintendo may have been a big name once upon a time, but nowadays they are pretty much irrelevant to the video games market. I firmly believe that Nintendo got lucky with the Wii. I am happy to see that their strategy of selling cheap hardware at a huge profit didn't pay off again with the Wii U. It also warms my heart that people finally got sick of the constant rehashes and I can't wait for Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to come out and fail just like the rest of the unimaginative stuff that Nintendo has put out. Nintendo fans are partly to blame with such low expectations of Nintendo's hardware and software, and that they are more than happy buying whatever Nintendo decides to release. I know I will be there once the time has come to laugh into the faces of Nintendo fans.

I can understand you and but you are wrong with some of your statements. How could be Nintendo irrelevant to the video games market? I think Mario is a symbol for all video games. Maybe this whole 'video game thing' wouldn't be so huge if there wasn't a Mario or a Link or so. Nintendo is the reason why I am playing video games and not because I didn't have a Sony console. There is more heart and soul in nearly every Nintendo game then a lot of 3rd party or xbox or playstation exclusives. No, I'm not saying these games are bad or I didn't enjoy them but there are a lot of sequels and prequels out there which a lot of people like and when Nintendo does it it's 'unimaginative'? Maybe there are a lot of gamers who just 'happy buys' all the new stuff but not only Nintendo fans. What about a Call of Duty? What about FIFA or Battefield? This isn't the fault of Nintendo, it's the fault of the hole industry. There are so many people out there asking for a next game of this or that series and when you do it they say:'oh that old stuff again'. And a lot of people just want better graphics and power. In which way is that imaginative?

Nintendo got lucky with the Wii? So they got lucky with the DS and the 3DS, too? And this only represents the last decade. You have to see the whole thing. Videogames are going to be a more and more accepted kind of media, not the reason for some guys to kill people. There won't be the imagination of the fat and aggressive Call of Duty-gamer, there won't be the imagination of the crazy cosplay guys which are idiots, this isn't my opinion, this is not opinion. This is the opinion of the society. Nitendo brought videogames to everyone. Not every mother or grandmother would spend 400 or 500$ for videogames. So Nintendo is the oppurtunity.

The people think Sony, Microsoft and Nintedo are very different. But they aren't. But Sony and Microsoft aren't just a 'gaming company' and so they can give 3rd parties money for ports or other things and Nintendo can't. Maybe Sony and Microsoft have more money but Nintendo has more heart.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

pokoko said:
I have nothing against Nintendo. I used to be a Nintendo fankid, after all. I still remember having hard feelings against Sony when they first launched the Playstation. I miss the Zelda and Metroid franchises. I'm not a fan of platformers in general, though, which pretty much caps the appeal Nintendo has for me from a gaming standpoint.

There is a segment of the Nintendo fanbase that I really, really dislike. They make it harder to want a Nintendo product sometimes, though that's just until I see a game I want.

Haha I feel the same about Sony Fanbase. Pity I am Sony-Nintendo guy. Doesn't stop me from getting there products. Just want to beat up users! :P