By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 20,000,000 by Dec 31. 2014

PS4 has the potential to possibly pass 20M this year if it gets some system sellers over Q3 and Q4 otherwise no.

Around the Network

If Sony can produce that much, then it will sell that much. They will probably get 2-3 mil sales from Japan alone this year if they can provide enough stock to the country.

dsage01 said:
PS4 has the potential to possibly pass 20M this year if it gets some system sellers over Q3 and Q4 otherwise no.

PS PS2 PS3 all got a Naughty dog game after a year, just in time for holidays.

pezus said:
dsp333 said:

Off of Second Son, Drive Club, The Order, and multiplats that can already be had on PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One, and some even on the Vita and Wii U? Really?

We're going to be lucky if it's even half of that, and no I'm not joking. But go ahead, set yourself up for crushing disappointment for all I care.

Edit: and I agree with one of the posters about, producing 16 million in 12 months alone  makes things impossible... Not that they're going to even come close to stock shortages from the end of January and beyond.

Lol, you have to be joking (even though you say you aren't). They sold 4.2m in less than 1.5 months and you think it will be lucky to manage another 10m in 2014.

What is that last sentence supposed to mean? Are you saying there won't be shortages anymore from the end of Jan? Based on what, exactly?

Yes that's what I'm saying, based off my gut feeling and actually seeing a PS4 in stores for myself finally.

Expecting them to continue to sell 250 - 300k a  week after the holidays have finished and no significant software until March just seems batshit crazy to me. I'm being completely earnest when I ask this: am I missing something? Why would the PS4 continue to sell that much for the next 10 weeks or so?

dsp333 said:
pezus said:
dsp333 said:

Off of Second Son, Drive Club, The Order, and multiplats that can already be had on PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One, and some even on the Vita and Wii U? Really?

We're going to be lucky if it's even half of that, and no I'm not joking. But go ahead, set yourself up for crushing disappointment for all I care.

Edit: and I agree with one of the posters about, producing 16 million in 12 months alone  makes things impossible... Not that they're going to even come close to stock shortages from the end of January and beyond.

Lol, you have to be joking (even though you say you aren't). They sold 4.2m in less than 1.5 months and you think it will be lucky to manage another 10m in 2014.

What is that last sentence supposed to mean? Are you saying there won't be shortages anymore from the end of Jan? Based on what, exactly?

Yes that's what I'm saying, based off my gut feeling and actually seeing a PS4 in stores for myself finally.

Expecting them to continue to sell 250 - 300k a  week after the holidays have finished and no significant software until March just seems batshit crazy to me. I'm being completely earnest when I ask this: am I missing something? Why would the PS4 continue to sell that much for the next 10 weeks or so?

Because demand is still extremely high. People getting the PS4's now wanted them for christmas but have had to wait due to insane demand. There is a lot of people on waiting lists to get their PS4. When any PS4 stock does become available , it's sold out fast. Sony haven't even launched in Japan yet and it was the most successful launch in history . This is even forgetting major software boosts from high profile exclusives .

Around the Network

Just No.

It's definitely possible. If it takes a huge chunk of market share from MS, it could be slightly higher. I'm going to take a punt at 21 million. With an Infamous: Second Son bundle and the Japanese launch combined, we could see another two weeks of around a million sales, and even a Driveclub bundle will probably shift a few PS4s.

The PS5 Exists. 

Jabbamk1 said:
I'm predicting over 17.5m minimum.

same here. playing it safe.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

What games are going to drive this insane kind of demand? Because I don't see it.. You realize the console is selling largely on hype, based off the natural boost of the holidays, and the novelty of new console technology, right? Soon all the extreme Sony diehards and tech junkies that must have all things new are going to all have their PS4s, and the console sales are going to plummet down to earth, at least until Sony gets some worthwhile games. Wii U, N64, PS3, and even Dreamcast all started out selling massively its first holiday season.. We simply do not know the REAL demand of the PS4 yet. And we will not until supply meets demand.

Remember, at the end of the day, the purpose of gaming consoles is to play games. Thus, Sony will need the worthwhile games to continue to drive the sales of the hardware.

Metallicube said:

What games are going to drive this insane kind of demand? Because I don't see it.

Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends. 

Demand is through the roof because of that PS4 exclusive!

(Yes i'm joking)