By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 20,000,000 by Dec 31. 2014

Off of Second Son, Drive Club, The Order, and multiplats that can already be had on PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One, and some even on the Vita and Wii U? Really?

We're going to be lucky if it's even half of that, and no I'm not joking. But go ahead, set yourself up for crushing disappointment for all I care.

Edit: and I agree with one of the posters about, producing 16 million in 12 months alone  makes things impossible... Not that they're going to even come close to stock shortages from the end of January and beyond.

Around the Network
dsp333 said:
Off of Second Son, Drive Club, The Order, and multiplats that can already be had on PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One, and some even on the Vita and Wii U? Really?

We're going to be lucky if it's even half of that, and no I'm not joking. But go ahead, set yourself up for crushing disappointment for all I care.

You expect it to sell  10 million LTD this year, less than what the PS3 at 599?

dsp333 said:

Most fun i have in a while was Asscreed4

I get if a multi plat is on wiiu it points to some it will suck, but i have faith a mulitp like Watch dogs will kick ass regardless if there is a port to much inferior hardware.

If i get half it more then enough, add Halo5 and X and im way tapped out.  Will have to tell the Gf i want games for Vday Bday and xmas... is there a man day ? like the chicks get womens day.

Such a funny little thread.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'm sticking with my 15m prediction, let's not get too crazy here.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
pezus said:
MoHasanie said:
Maybe, but I don't expect demand to remain high all year long. The PS4 is not the Wii. Also as others have mentioned, they can't produce that many ps4's,

PS4 is more than the wii, you're right.

Why couldn't they produce that many PS4's? I mean, Nintendo could produce 19.5m before the end of 2007 and we know Sony can produce more

Question is, can Sony sell them all. I don't believe they will... The PS4 will certainly sell the most consoles this year by far, but I just don't see it getting the 16 million it needs to go over 20 million at the $400 price point. I predict 12 million sold this year to bring them to 16m by the end of 2014, which in itself is extremely impressive. The Wii was a special case that appealed to more varied audience... including people who typically don't buy video games or have much hardcore interest in them. Sony's PS4 is at it's core a powerful, gaming first console.  It doesn't have the same appeal.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

At least 13,5M this year I think !

So 17,5-19M LTD by the end of 2014 I guess !

No more than 15 million by Dec 31 2014 total.

pezus said:
MoHasanie said:
Maybe, but I don't expect demand to remain high all year long. The PS4 is not the Wii. Also as others have mentioned, they can't produce that many ps4's,

PS4 is more than the wii, you're right.

Why couldn't they produce that many PS4's? I mean, Nintendo could produce 19.5m before the end of 2007 and we know Sony can produce more

Why can Sony produce more? The Wii sold alot because there are more casual gamers than hardcore gamers. PS4 is targeted at.... "hardcore" gamers. Using this logic, in 2012 I could have said that the Wii U would sell 20 million by the end of 2013, but that's just not how things work. Also, Wii was sold at a high profit unlike the PS4. 

PenguinZ said:

Question is, can Sony sell them all. I don't believe they will... The PS4 will certainly sell the most consoles this year by far, but I just don't see it getting the 16 million it needs to go over 20 million at the $400 price point. I predict 12 million sold this year to bring them to 16m by the end of 2014, which in itself is extremely impressive. The Wii was a special case that appealed to more varied audience... including people who typically don't buy video games or have much hardcore interest in them. Sony's PS4 is at it's core a powerful, gaming first console.  It doesn't have the same appeal.

I might agree if i had not seen grown men runnning into stores asking for PS4 mid jan, if the guys i talked to werent hunting PS4s since 9am and it was around 4pm.  U turns on streets casue you miss a light massive breaking into the parking space and a dash for the door, the chick at store with 15 callers waiting all asking for PS4 (her word)  I really dount old non gaming folks were doing that trying to get a Wii.  Mind you this is a massive market i talking about.

I think the PS4 appeal had turned into something else a force of it self.  If this thing had Uncharted or Gran Turismo as a launch title id get it, but given the software line up.  PS4 is a force driven by its own name and brand strength nothing else.  They want a PS4 what game comes with it seems irrelevent right now.

Part is Nin non existant marketing gamers abandoning nin after waggle and MS still feeling theie early frak up getting owned by Sony at E3, and the price and evil spy camera and the facts its MS.