By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 20,000,000 by Dec 31. 2014

colafitte said:
It's fascinating how people suddenly think a PS console can sell that much....PS4 just beat all the records in launch history selling more than 4m allready, and people don't expect to sell more than 15m in 2014 with all the games that are coming????

If Wii sold more than 16m in 2007, PS4 is perfectly capable of doing this and more in 2014 and there's no reason to think otherwise.

I'm sure PS4 will enter 2015 having sold more than 20m by then.

Pretty sure knack won't appeal to casuals like wii sport did.

I'd say 19 millions, but we really can't know for sure right now.

Around the Network
pezus said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Dont think it will sell that many. Ps4 is a beast but 19 seems a big stretch.

That's only 14.8m this year.

hey I could be wrong, would love to be, but I just don't see it.

RenCutypoison said:
colafitte said:
It's fascinating how people suddenly think a PS console can sell that much....PS4 just beat all the records in launch history selling more than 4m allready, and people don't expect to sell more than 15m in 2014 with all the games that are coming????

If Wii sold more than 16m in 2007, PS4 is perfectly capable of doing this and more in 2014 and there's no reason to think otherwise.

I'm sure PS4 will enter 2015 having sold more than 20m by then.

Pretty sure knack won't appeal to casuals like wii sport did.

I'd say 19 millions, but we really can't know for sure right now.

Knack is capable of this and more!!!! XD

No, seriously now, obviously i'm talking all the 1st and 3rd party game that will launch this year in PS4, it's a LOT of huge games coming. I'm expecting Nov-Dec 2014 to beat all record sales for gaming consoles (not just PS4, all consoles combined too). PS4 will be the hot gift in christmas 2014 everywhere.

21m might be a bit of a stretch, thats why I went with 20m, not too outlandish and a nice round number

Why constrain yourself to a number? PS4 is set to become our god.

Around the Network

12 million max.

Seems doable.

I think 15-16 million is way more likely... 20+ just seems a bit too insane for a console without an established library of games... Even with a good library, there's still Xbox... Is Microsoft leaving the market this year?

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I think MS is quite happy right now with sales, I dont think their demand will decrease significantly to wii u levels, it will drop but not too much, certainly not a panick mode 100 dollar pricecut.

But the most important thing: there isnt much MS can do, the PS4 is just more popular no matter how much marketing MS throws at the ONE (lol). It may seem quite surreal to you, but the PS brand is stronger than it ever was last gen. Playing catchup with 360, and the Wii which was outselling both. But this gen: PS4 takes the lead, Nintendo is weak, Sony brought the console war to the US and UK and so far they're winning.

If PS4 has a lifetime sales of 15 million by the end of the year I would consider that superb as everything else will do less.