By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Target sends back dozens of X1's

Well didnt that insider last month state that MS really stuffed the channel during the holidays.

Around the Network

Maybe Pacter is right, they will be dropping the price by the end of the year. I hope so, it will make it cheaper for me when Halo comes out.

On a side note, I just got an email from Target saying that not only was my credit card information stolen in that breach last month, but they also got ALL my contact information on top of it. They're offering free credit protection for the next year.

Now, one has to wonder if there are other items Target is sending back due to lack of consumer confidence in the franchise.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

CDiablo said:
My company had to do a bunch of server upgrades for Target. My job this month has been upstate NY, Western Mass and western Vermont. Most stores had lots(a full cabin of 5) of X1's. certain had few, some had none. PS4s are around at a few stores but no more than 2. One store had 1 Ps4 and no X1's(on display?). The demand for X1 has clearly been met, the PS4 demand is close to met. X1 should have launched in more countries, PS4 could have done less. I still dont get why anyone would want either console at this point.

thanks. pretty cool information. As for why people would want either system now, its a new gadget that is very promising in the future. Streaming apps and social features are really great as well. People are aware this is just the start.

dreamcast210 said:
On a side note, I just got an email from Target saying that not only was my credit card information stolen in that breach last month, but they also got ALL my contact information on top of it. They're offering free credit protection for the next year.

Now, one has to wonder if there are other items Target is sending back due to lack of consumer confidence in the franchise.

this has nothing to do with that. lol. Also, 4 other stores were also targeted in that attack

Around the Network

Ouch bad news if true. Bad sign if stock is being so built up shortly after the holiday launch period unless it is isolated only to Target.

ironmanDX said:
Screamapillar said:
Post-Christmas slump. Happens every year.

Not according to them. There is even a thread about when the PS4 will start outselling the 3DS.... on a weekly basis. edit: not saying it won't for a little while, but damn...

Well, we'll see, won't we? I mean, it all depends on when the big software comes to market, and how well it is received.  PS4's "newness" will fade, as new consoles always do months after launch.  Then it all comes down to whether or not these platforms can sustain decent sales before the next holiday season.  It all comes down to the strength of the software launching in the spring and the summer.  If 3DS has more compelling software than PS4, then it could be that PS4 doesn't outsell 3DS.  Time will tell.  There's no way to know how this year will shake out yet.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

eFKac said:
yo_john117 said:
I know this is just a few stores out of thousands that sell X1's, but there are far too many incidents about X1's being piled high just about everywhere to be a coincidence.

This is yet another reason why I think the X1 is going to crash really hard starting with the coming weeks numbers. I expect sub 100k by the the end of January/beginning of February and sub 80k by March.

Too early for doom posts, especially from a mod  

Do we know when the Tier 2 countries will get the console?

I wouldn't say it's a doom post since I'm just saying what I expect to see in the short term. Long term I expect the X1 to do pretty good (between 50-90 million total). 

To my knowledge they haven't announced any more launch dates for Tier 2 countries.

Lol why would anyone shop at Target after this has been all over the news. http://news.yahoo.com/worried-might-among-70-million-target-breach-victims-153058251.html
Target is like the 4th or 5th stop for video games at least for ppl I know. I think numbers would show similar. GameStop BestBuy Wal-Mart and online.

Aura7541 said:

Damn, this doesn't look good for the X1. Sure, Titanfall, Quantum Break, and Halo 5 will move a lot of X1's when they launch, but it looks like the console will really stagnate in between the games' launches. I think a price cut or a Kinectless SKU is going to come up pretty soon.

Halo 4 has been anounced for this year but Im not quite sure about it, we havent even seen 1 footage of the game yet (the actual game, not masterchief in poncho) and itll launch after Destiny and Titanfall if both those games hit a homerun I dont think Halo 4 will have as much impact as other Halo games have had in the past, still its Halo so itll probably move consoles. Quantim Break I realy dont think we gona see it launched this year, the way the devs speak about it it seens like its far from ready to launch yet.