By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted is now a bigger IP Than Zelda

No. Just no.

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
Both are great, zelda has more wear on it and less new things to show, uncharted is always an adventure.

I'm sorry, but I can no longer hold my tongue. What new things have Uncharted done? I've just recently started playing them (I'm about 90% done with UC2 and have played UC1 all the way through), and I can't really see what the series as a whole does that hasn't been done before. Is it the cinematic cutscenes? Is it that Nathan is quite charming and witty in these cutscenes? Just please, somebody tell me! This is an honest question.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

No. You don't do "averages". You do total. As in how much the IP sold. How much revenue is generated. How much gamers are willing to spend. Granted Zelda has more games but that just means the gamers love coming back for more.

More Zeldas, more millions = bigger IP. You also count the entire catalog of the IP, lifetime. What a ridiculous thought process and conclusion.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is like trying to say Lady Gaga is bigger than Madonna. One is more current, popular, and actually quite good but the other is legendary and iconic.

I hope Uncharted 4 will be big like Gran Turismo and Halo

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

No. You don't do "averages". You do total. As in how much the IP sold. How much revenue is generated. How much gamers are willing to spend. Granted Zelda has more games but that just means the gamers love coming back for more.

More Zeldas, more millions = bigger IP. You also count the entire catalog of the IP, lifetime. What a ridiculous thought process and conclusion.

lol hypocrite! I remember when you claimed halo was bigger than gran turismo using the same mathod op used. So why turn the tables now?

DanneSandin said:
Ucell said:
DanneSandin said:

I actually don't know how much Forza average in terms of sale and metacritic, I just thought I'd throw it in there because Xbox fans are fast to hail it as a bigger franchise than Gran Turismo - and GT being a bigger franchise than UC...

Haha. Bigger than GT? Gotta be joking.

Forza 3 is the best selling in the series at 5.39 million units followed by FM4 at 4.13 million units, FM2 at just above 3 million, FM at over 1 milion and FM5 at below a million.

GT 5 has sold nearly 11 million units by comparison. Although Forza games have higher Metacritic averages.

Oh, I think you missunderstand me =) I'M not saying Forza > GT! I said that that's what (certain) Xbox fans are saying. Not me =) I'm with you that GT > Forza

You also meant to say that it sells better than Uncharted, when 2 of the 4 Uncharted games have outsold the best-selling Forza game.

NYCrysis said:
sales2099 said:

lol hypocrite! I remember when you claimed halo was bigger than gran turismo using the same mathod op used. So why turn the tables now?

Wrong. My Halo comparison did specify last gen, just like this thread. Lifetime is debatable, it really depends on the situation. Ill say it: GT is bigger overall, but Halo is bigger since the 7th gen going forward. Happy?

Halo did sell more last gen then GT did last gen, just like Zelda sold more then Uncharted did......so I didn't flip flop at all you see.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DanneSandin said:
Ucell said:
DanneSandin said:

I actually don't know how much Forza average in terms of sale and metacritic, I just thought I'd throw it in there because Xbox fans are fast to hail it as a bigger franchise than Gran Turismo - and GT being a bigger franchise than UC...

Forza 3 is the best selling in the series at 5.39 million units followed by FM4 at 4.13 million units, FM2 at just above 3 million, FM at over 1 milion and FM5 at below a million.

GT 5 has sold nearly 11 million units by comparison. Although Forza games have higher Metacritic averages.

Oh, I think you missunderstand me =) I'M not saying Forza > GT! I said that that's what (certain) Xbox fans are saying. Not me =) I'm with you that GT > Forza

No. We say its better via metacritic, not sales. We are on a sales website....I hope you honestly don't think we view the series as a better overall seller.

Ucell said:
DanneSandin said:
Ucell said:
DanneSandin said:

You also meant to say that it sells better than Uncharted, when 2 of the 4 Uncharted games have outsold the best-selling Forza game.

Well, I seem to remember that Forza averages about 4-5m - but I could be totally wrong on that. Like I've already said, I just threw it in there in the mix without actually backing up my statement with actual numbers. Forza isn't even from last gen; it's apparently 6th gen.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.