By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted is now a bigger IP Than Zelda

Wright said:
deadly2choke said:

because its on vita 

Golden Abyss is for vita as well, and OP mentioned it in the thread.

clearly i didnt read it and directly went to the last page

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The Tomb Raider reboot definitely has some Uncharted influences.

Actually, Uncharted definitely has some Tomb Raider influences. The original Tomb Raiders had a far larger impact on the industry than UC has had in this day and age.

Of course, but I did say Tomb Raider Reboot, not Tomb Raider series. It's a really funny dynamic when you think about.

Tomb Raider thrived in the PS1 days, declined in the PS2 days. On PS3, Uncharted took inspiration from the Tomb Raider series but added it's own thing and the genre thrived again, then Tomb Raider borrowed from Uncharted to make the most successful TR game in a long time (not successful enough for SquareEnix of course but that's another topic).

Signature goes here!

DanneSandin said:
VitroBahllee said:
"To be fair, I left out the best selling new Zelda game that has only been out for a month and a half, and tons of sales of Twilight Princess on another platform, and the bundled Wind Waker HD, but included bundled Uncharted versions.... not to mention that I left out the first 20 years of Zelda games."

What the heck is fair about any of those arbitrary decisions? Wait: they aren't arbitrary. They are designed to give more credit to Uncharted.

Can't you just say 'Uncharted is the fastest-growing 1st party new IP of the last generation," which would have been true and is an awesome achievement, without stooping to ridiculous comparisons you aren't even actually making with all your omissions and goal-post moving?

That I can almost agree on! Except... The Wii franchise... But other than that! Well, maybe Forza... But other than THAT!

Certainly not Forza.

This is one of the worst comparison threads I've seen on here in awhile.

Congratulations.

TruckOSaurus said:

to make the most successful TR game in a long time

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
DanneSandin said:
VitroBahllee said:
"To be fair, I left out the best selling new Zelda game that has only been out for a month and a half, and tons of sales of Twilight Princess on another platform, and the bundled Wind Waker HD, but included bundled Uncharted versions.... not to mention that I left out the first 20 years of Zelda games."

What the heck is fair about any of those arbitrary decisions? Wait: they aren't arbitrary. They are designed to give more credit to Uncharted.

Can't you just say 'Uncharted is the fastest-growing 1st party new IP of the last generation," which would have been true and is an awesome achievement, without stooping to ridiculous comparisons you aren't even actually making with all your omissions and goal-post moving?

That I can almost agree on! Except... The Wii franchise... But other than that! Well, maybe Forza... But other than THAT!

Haha! Even my generous accomodation is innacurate. :) Nice.

I actually like the Uncharted series, for some odd reason. I think it's overhyped and overrated, but I still like playing them! I guess I can see why it's so immensly popular, but I wouldn't say that it's a bigger IP than Zelda (which is noturious for going up and down in sales).

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

VitroBahllee said:
DanneSandin said:
VitroBahllee said:

Haha! Even my generous accomodation is innacurate. :) Nice.

Forza sells worse than Uncharted.

DanneSandin said:
VitroBahllee said:

Forza is not a last generation IP. The first one was released on the original Xbone.

Ucell said:
DanneSandin said:
VitroBahllee said:

Certainly not Forza.

I actually don't know how much Forza average in terms of sale and metacritic, I just thought I'd throw it in there because Xbox fans are fast to hail it as a bigger franchise than Gran Turismo - and GT being a bigger franchise than UC...

Deyon said:
DanneSandin said:
VitroBahllee said:

Forza is not a last generation IP. The first one was released on the original Xbone.

Damn, it's THAT old? Never heard of it until last year :P well then, I guess UC is the fastest growing new IP 1st party franchise after the Wii franchise ^^