By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Okami for Wii Blowout

lazybum131 said:

IGN has an earlier build, it's been confirmed by RAD employees on NeoGAF that the rice paper effect has been implemented since then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9789824&postcount=736

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9790565&postcount=778

That's encouraging to hear.

So on the cons, there's just some dubious waggle control for an action which is apparently completely unnecassary (dodging). I expect the attack combo waggle will be easy for any seasoned wiimote wielder to perform, and the widescreen is close enough to 16:9 that I don't think I'll notice the difference once I get into the game.

And if they've already addressed the rice-paper texture issue since this preview build went out, who knows what else might get smoothed out before the game goes gold. It's impressive what those folks at Ready at Dawn can pull off with such a small team.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

ps2 version looks way better imo...I dont care how crisp wii ver. is compared to ps2's...the art direction on ps2 is way better.

why couldnt they do ps2 art direction plus 480pWidescreen?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
ps2 version looks way better imo...I dont care how crisp wii ver. is compared to ps2's...the art direction on ps2 is way better.

why couldnt they do ps2 art direction plus 480pWidescreen?

Congratulations on posting before reading the whole topic.  Rice paper effect is in the Wii version too, which means the only difference in art direction is better draw distance on the Wii version and less aliasing.   

Attack control bound to waggle, combos harder than with buttons. Also, dodging bound to nunchuk waggle and inaccurate.

Why do Devs need to use motion controls in the most ridiculous means, just keep the painting to the motion/pointer controls and use the buttons for the attacks and dodging

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I'll wait for the reviews but as it looks now, I'll stick with the PS2 version with or without 16:9 and 480. I hate it when originals are being pulled out of their original context. Sounds like they try to make the game more American than as it suppose to be "Japanese"

By the way, something I've always wondered about: Why calling a goddess Nami and her brother Nagi while their original names are: Izanami and Izanagi so was in the JP version. I hate it when they change that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
 I hate it when originals are being pulled out of their original context. Sounds like they try to make the game more American than as it suppose to be "Japanese"

How did you reach that conclusion? It says the content was unaltered.

Desroko said:
*~Onna76~* said:
I hate it when originals are being pulled out of their original context. Sounds like they try to make the game more American than as it suppose to be "Japanese"

QFT. That is the weirdest sort of conclusion I have read on here for a while. Maybe Onna just likes to bash wii/ ps2 ports.  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
Desroko said:
*~Onna76~* said:

QFT. That is the weirdest sort of conclusion I have read on here for a while. Maybe Onna just likes to bash wii/ ps2 ports.

Perhaps Onna was missinformed.

1) Content is unaltered.

2) Rice Paper effect is still there.

3) Its now easier to use the paint brush thing apparently with the pointer.

The only negative seems to be that they don't like some of the combos being mapped to "waggle" commands. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
lazybum131 said:

IGN has an earlier build, it's been confirmed by RAD employees on NeoGAF that the rice paper effect has been implemented since then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9789824&postcount=736

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9790565&postcount=778

I want screens ASAP!! I actually thought the rice paper made a big contribution to the game style... 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ive only played the game for 4 hours on ps2 anyone think i should stop and buy it on wii?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"