By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At what price would the wii u be appealing?

So?

$250 77 24.37%

$200 76 24.05%

$150 44 13.92%

$100 21 6.65%

Never 10 3.16%

$50! 7 2.22%

Free! 13 4.11%

What is a wii u? 4 1.27%

Wii Who? 4 1.27%

Price is fine as is! 60 18.99%

Total:316

It appealed to me at 300 bundled with Wind Waker...

Around the Network

Bought it at 299€ with the WW HD bundle. For me it was a good price point, especially since SM3DW is out and there's quite a few games out there that I'm going to get for it and that are going to release in the next months.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

vivster said:
generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:
It's not the price of the consoles but the games. I go on amazon and I'm seeing WiiU launch games still going for launch price or at least more than half. That's a bit much for over a year old games.

Then I'm looking at Bioshock infinite which isn't even a year old and got critical acclaim lying in the bargain bin. Hell even top recent games like TLOU and GTA5 dropped the price by 30%.
I already dread the day when I'm getting a WiiU this year and looking for older games to play.

who cares about the age of a game? nsmbu sold 88k last week, why should they cut the price to budget?

it will have sold 5 m this year if it dont get a sequel. so why cut the price if its doing fine?

Because they're nice? Other publishers are managing it as well. Even Wii games are still expensive as hell. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are 6 and 3 years old and are still going for close to launch price.

I'm pretty spoiled by PS3 and PC games where I can get the best games for change. It's not making Nintendo consoles more attractive if you have to play premium for older games. Especially for people who are new to the system and are trying to get into the older titles.

Mario Galxy cost $20 and Galaxy 2 costs $30

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Stop this nonsense guys. Only 599 $.

Of course, I mean the version without gamepad and software update as 60$ DLC, hell it is 5 GB. 

zorg1000 said:
vivster said:
generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:
It's not the price of the consoles but the games. I go on amazon and I'm seeing WiiU launch games still going for launch price or at least more than half. That's a bit much for over a year old games.

Then I'm looking at Bioshock infinite which isn't even a year old and got critical acclaim lying in the bargain bin. Hell even top recent games like TLOU and GTA5 dropped the price by 30%.
I already dread the day when I'm getting a WiiU this year and looking for older games to play.

who cares about the age of a game? nsmbu sold 88k last week, why should they cut the price to budget?

it will have sold 5 m this year if it dont get a sequel. so why cut the price if its doing fine?

Because they're nice? Other publishers are managing it as well. Even Wii games are still expensive as hell. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are 6 and 3 years old and are still going for close to launch price.

I'm pretty spoiled by PS3 and PC games where I can get the best games for change. It's not making Nintendo consoles more attractive if you have to play premium for older games. Especially for people who are new to the system and are trying to get into the older titles.

Mario Galxy cost $20 and Galaxy 2 costs $30

Not where I live. And that's still too much for such old games.

Maybe this was always the case with Nintendo games but  I'm spoiled by other publishers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

$99 for a HD console that comes with its own monitor? Geez, Nintendo can't win for losing!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

150€ with the new Zelda or X included which will probably be reality when those 2 games hit the world.

200 would definitly be very tempting. Actually i will probably get one when the next price cut hits (and probably X comes out).

The only problem is... if i have 250 or 300 to spend, i am more likely to pony up the extra 100 and invest on a PS4. I will get a Wii U though, just dunno when yet. If it was 200 though, i would be more likely to get it before the PS4.

not worth more than $100 to me. try harder nintendo.

at 300$ i would never buy it and wont buy it mainly as many have said for another 100 you can get hte ps4, and ill be honest the Wii U will be like the Wii for me a second console that i play on occasion for nintendo only games, my collection for the Wii includes 33 games all but 2 are made by nintendo, and one is a zumba game for the wife and the other is a fishing game that came with a controller.