By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At what price would the wii u be appealing?

So?

$250 77 24.37%

$200 76 24.05%

$150 44 13.92%

$100 21 6.65%

Never 10 3.16%

$50! 7 2.22%

Free! 13 4.11%

What is a wii u? 4 1.27%

Wii Who? 4 1.27%

Price is fine as is! 60 18.99%

Total:316

It's fine right now in my opinion.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
It's not about the price, it's about the games, to me.

this

For the general public I think $200 would be good, especially with Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. released.

vivster said:
It's not the price of the consoles but the games. I go on amazon and I'm seeing WiiU launch games still going for launch price or at least more than half. That's a bit much for over a year old games.

Then I'm looking at Bioshock infinite which isn't even a year old and got critical acclaim lying in the bargain bin. Hell even top recent games like TLOU and GTA5 dropped the price by 30%.
I already dread the day when I'm getting a WiiU this year and looking for older games to play.

who cares about the age of a game? nsmbu sold 88k last week, why should they cut the price to budget?

it will have sold 5 m this year if it dont get a sequel. so why cut the price if its doing fine?

I think between $150 and $200 would be good enough,   It just wrong to watch the Wii U $299 and PS4 $399 stand next to each other..  For $100 more Id get a PS4 and at this point It really made the PS4 look really cheap or affordable or better yet best bang for your buck purchase.. 

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network

It needs to be $199USD to penetrate the crucial lower income and casual demographics.

I was happy buying it for $400AUD bundled with Monster Hunter. No regrets.

$100 and I'll buy one.

For me personally the price is fine but for the mass market I would say $199. But only if PS4 is still $399, if it drops to $299 than i see people picking it over Wii U even at $199.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

199 bundled with Kart8

generic-user-1 said:
vivster said:
It's not the price of the consoles but the games. I go on amazon and I'm seeing WiiU launch games still going for launch price or at least more than half. That's a bit much for over a year old games.

Then I'm looking at Bioshock infinite which isn't even a year old and got critical acclaim lying in the bargain bin. Hell even top recent games like TLOU and GTA5 dropped the price by 30%.
I already dread the day when I'm getting a WiiU this year and looking for older games to play.

who cares about the age of a game? nsmbu sold 88k last week, why should they cut the price to budget?

it will have sold 5 m this year if it dont get a sequel. so why cut the price if its doing fine?

Because they're nice? Other publishers are managing it as well. Even Wii games are still expensive as hell. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are 6 and 3 years old and are still going for close to launch price.

I'm pretty spoiled by PS3 and PC games where I can get the best games for change. It's not making Nintendo consoles more attractive if you have to play premium for older games. Especially for people who are new to the system and are trying to get into the older titles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.