By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 first of 7th gen to hit 100 2 million sellers! Xbox/360 dominates in Tie Ratio.

Hahahaha PS2 is the system with the highest attach rate per official numbers from the big 3.



Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
Zappykins said:
FlamingWeazel said:
1 year head start, 16 months in europe, makes these types of comparisons kind of pointless.

Really? Cause when I do the math and ajust for the slight longer amount of time Xbox 360 has been on the market, it still crushes the others easily.


Doesnt work that way, if PS3 launched it would also have cut into some of those sales and things would have been very different, it's a valid point, that makes these types of comparisons flawed.


Yeah i have to agree a huge head start like microsoft had invalidates the data just look at what happens when both launch around the same time sony is currently winning the software battle even with less exclusives than the xbone.



Loving the retaliation thread on Vgchartz!



So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

FlamingWeazel said:

Doesnt work that way, if PS3 launched it would also have cut into some of those sales and things would have been very different, it's a valid point, that makes these types of comparisons flawed. But yes, 360 was the king of software overall last gen no doubtr.

I don't dissagree with you.  I was pointing out the the time difference between the two is pretty small now.  Plus, 360 only had a 6 million head start. 

I wonder how many of those first year games are in the top 100?



 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

 

Tell me a funny joke!

FlamingWeazel said:
Zappykins said:
FlamingWeazel said:
1 year head start, 16 months in europe, makes these types of comparisons kind of pointless.

Really? Cause when I do the math and ajust for the slight longer amount of time Xbox 360 has been on the market, it still crushes the others easily.


Doesnt work that way, if PS3 launched it would also have cut into some of those sales and things would have been very different, it's a valid point, that makes these types of comparisons flawed.

Sony decided to launch a year later than the competition and had consequences and benefits from it. Software sales should be interesting this year though. Sony actually sold more software in 2013 thanks to a bunch of big exclusives, but so far Microsoft has more major titles announced for the 360 this year. There is no way Microsoft is losing in 2mil+ sellers, but the 1mil+ sellers will be very close when all is said and done.

And the only flawed comparisions are the hypothetical ones people make assuming same time launches. If the ps3 launched a year earlier or the 360 launched a year later the two consoles would be completely different from what they are today so there is no point trying to predict what would have been when it didn't happen.



Around the Network

1st to hit 200 one million sellers as well according to most here due to issues with sales numbers for some of the earlier games in its life cycle.



J_Allard said:
1st to hit 200 one million sellers as well according to most here due to issues with sales numbers for some of the earlier games in its life cycle.


Were they not counted or something?



All I know is that lifetime sales of the ps3 is more than the xbox360.



iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
All I know is that lifetime sales of the ps3 is more than the xbox360.


Software + Subscriptions = profit

Sony selling all those PS3s at a loss at the start of the generation didn't help either.



That's excellent! Its so hard to hear a sony fan say congratulations these days...



    

NNID: FrequentFlyer54