By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Second Son (PS4) Will Outsell Titanfall (Xbox One) in Lifetime

ICStats said:
Nah, Infamous will be good but it will appeal to a smaller % of the PS4 population. Titanfall will appeal to all the Xbots.

Pretty much this, I for one have had Infamous preordered since July lol

Around the Network

I doubt it. I reckon Infamous: SS will sell around 2-3 million, if it's bundled Uncharted/Gran Turismo style then maybe 4-5m but I doubt it, Sony doesn't support any other devs as well as those aforementioned IPs.

I think Titanfall will sell 4-5m lifetime on X1 alone, although it could really blow up and become freaking huge, too early to say. I still think it'll comfortably outsell Infamous.

1.4 - 3.4 million for Titalfall Xbone, 1.6 - 2.5 million Infamous Second Son imo.

I could see it happening, but I don't think it's all that likely.

JustThatGamer said:
I doubt it. I reckon Infamous: SS will sell around 2-3 million, if it's bundled Uncharted/Gran Turismo style then maybe 4-5m but I doubt it, Sony doesn't support any other devs as well as those aforementioned IPs.

I think Titanfall will sell 4-5m lifetime on X1 alone, although it could really blow up and become freaking huge, too early to say. I still think it'll comfortably outsell Infamous.

I think you are greatly overestimating Titanfall on XBOne

Titanfall is not going to be near as big as some think here.

Around the Network

Based on previous sales for the series I doubt this will happen. Infamous sold 2.7 mill and Infamous 2 sold even less at 1.63 mill. The PS3 install base was FAR greater than PS4 currently is and it being a SP game only also hurts it.

Hmmm I'm going to say no.

Most people I know who haven;t gotten a next gen system have been waiting on Titanfall to launch. Well that and tax returns.

starcraft said:
This is not a bold prediction.

Titanfall is an new IP on multiple platforms. Second Son is the third in a series and an exclusive.

Uhm, New usually sell less than established franchises. He didn't refer to the other platforms he speaks of xbox one and ps4 sales of their respective games only. 

FlamingWeazel said:
Titanfall is not going to be near as big as some think here.

When was the last time you saw a new IP that's a competitive multiplayer focused shooter with this much hype? Over 75 Awards before its even out with literally everyone who's played it saying its defining a new generation of fps multiplayer.