By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Second Son (PS4) Will Outsell Titanfall (Xbox One) in Lifetime

jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Titanfall is not going to be near as big as some think here.

When was the last time you saw a new IP that's a competitive multiplayer focused shooter with this much hype? Over 75 Awards before its even out with literally everyone who's played it saying its defining a new generation of fps multiplayer.

Irrelevant, Hitman absolution was the rave of e3 and won many awards how did that turn out?

Around the Network
Digi30 said:
Based on previous sales for the series I doubt this will happen. Infamous sold 2.7 mill and Infamous 2 sold even less at 1.63 mill. The PS3 install base was FAR greater than PS4 currently is and it being a SP game only also hurts it.

Install base often doesn't mean much. Also, first big AA exclusive on a new system that is seeling like hotcaeds, it will sell way more then any othe rinfamous.

Digi30 said:
Most people I know who haven;t gotten a next gen system have been waiting on Titanfall to launch. Well that and tax returns.

Most people I know are getting a PS4 when infamous drops.

Titanfall looks to be the bigger seller

FlamingWeazel said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

When was the last time you saw a new IP that's a competitive multiplayer focused shooter with this much hype? Over 75 Awards before its even out with literally everyone who's played it saying its defining a new generation of fps multiplayer.

Irrelevant, Hitman absolution was the rave of e3 and won many awards how did that turn out?

It won 14 awards.. 

over 75 > 14

Around the Network
JerCotter7 said:
I would love for it to happen. If Titanfall lives up to the hype it would mean SS would sell a lot of copies. The only way this happens is if Titanfall bombs which it wont. The first infamous was the best game I played on PS3 after Warhawk.

Have to agree with you on the Warhawk mention. :)

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

It won 14 awards.. 

over 75 > 14

Irrelevant. , and just 1 example, many a game has won many awards and hype at e3 only to fizzle.............e3 hypes means squat, very few actually gamers will even be aware of that. Also, the ps4 install base will be quite bigger then x1 by the time infamous launches.

bananaking21 said:

2- Xbox One is performing pretty bad in Europe. no way to spin it

There is.  XBO 13 countries, PS4 i think is what 30-50?  

An extra 1000 consoles in each country equates to 20,000-40,000 more sales weekly.  It would be better to compare each country individually at the moment which would make things a lot different.  

I dont think anybody is expecting XBO to outsell Sony in europe either way but to act as if those extra countries doesnt matter is simply wrong.

@Op -  Could go either way.  Depends on if people want to get X360 or XBO version.  

The XBO version is favored since Respawn is making it and has already said it will be different than the X360 version which is made by a different developer that we still dont know yet.

Ratings will also be a factor.  pachter predicted 6m-10m.  6m low end based off 80- Metactritic and 10m 90+ metacritic.  

I wouldnt necessarily listen to pachter but i dont have a prediction of my own.  To me it just looks like a fantastic game.

On the other hand InFamous has a chance for a high attatch ratio.  In ways it is the first big title for Sony if you dont like FPS games like Killzone.  However infamous has proven to be a nonfactor in the past generating most of its sales off of bundles during the holidays.

However Infamous Second son is being treated as a new ip so it could change things.

With all that said i have no prediction but i expect both of them to do well for themselves.

jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

It won 14 awards.. 

over 75 > 14

Aaaaaand that about wraps up that argument lol

J_Allard said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
jlmurph2 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

It won 14 awards.. 

over 75 > 14

Aaaaaand that about wraps up that argument lol

Not in the slightest.